Recent content by jrf1175

1. jrf1175

Feeding

2 Oc. Clows Sailfin Tang 3 Green Chromis Yellow Tang I am struggling with my feeding frequency now. I have some frozen cubes that I feed about 1/2 every other day; sometimes so Cyclopeeze. I am a bit scared or overfeeding as I just got a handle on cyano a few months back. Some Nori for the...
  2. jrf1175

Corrado’s 90 Gallon AGA Addiction

Very nice, I love to follow 90g builds. My 90 (my first reef) has been up about 8 months now. Love your scaping. Cheers
  3. jrf1175

Our 90 Gal Reef redone

Love that scaping!
  4. jrf1175

Question about auto-topoff

I had that exact set up in my last place - RO DI direct to sump with a float switch. It worked great and hassle free for the most part. I think it fried the solenoid on my RO/DI unit though and I have since replaced...so I like the idea of the timer.
  5. jrf1175

What Next - Equipment Ideas?

I am actually running 2 6045s right now and my return is on a wavy sea. Also have RO-DI. The JBJ's looked nice as well. I will see how things go moving forward. If I can hold off on the skimmer for a while it looks like I may go for a chiller for my next big purchase. At what...
  6. jrf1175

Like I said I might not have AC in the summer so cooler is not an option at this point....so that may be the biggest issue for me with temp control
  7. jrf1175

True enough, but I can't sell my current skimmer when I get a chiller. Back in a bit, trying to find 3K for some upgrades!:bugout:
  8. jrf1175

I have a 2 Lil Fishes Reactor. It is not running at the moment but I am planning I starting some carbon soon since my phosphates are very minimal at this point (the detectable ones). I just need antoher Maxi-Jet since the one for my reactor is circulating my change water. The chiller may...
  9. jrf1175

I was just on their website checking things out..they do look nice. What kind of pump is required for water circulation through them?
  10. jrf1175

Thanks Frankie, My Ca needs are low right now I would say...I just as a few small frags of SPS and only about 10 corals total. Euro-Reefs are made great, and I was told it should handle a good bioload, but I don't want to run into a situation where my skimmer can't handle it. I was...
  11. jrf1175

Hey All, Happy Thanksgiving to my american friends for startes :wave: I have been doing some thinking about what I should do for my next peice of equipment to better my reef? You can see my build log in my signature for more detials, but to keep it simple I have about 120gal in my...
  12. jrf1175

ok i need some advise about a tang!!

I had the exact same experience with my Sailfin. Looked like it had some health issues very shortly after placing it in my DT (I don't have a QT). After stressing and getting some opinions, and some second opinions...then a few more I ended up sticking it out. I soak my food in garlic, Selcon...
  13. jrf1175

90 Gallon Starphire Start-up

Nice! You should be the poster reef keeper for having "Patience" in the hobby. I would be dying with all those goddies and no water (-;
  14. jrf1175

HA ha - I wish...but I am getting there. So Boozeman, when you going to get up and running?
  15. jrf1175

:bump: no love??