Recent content by JFK_Jr

1. JFK_Jr

calcium reactor control

IMO controlling the CO2 to turn on and off is not a good idea. Once the reactor is "dialed in", and producing an effluent of the proper PH, it will be stable as long as your CO2 rate and drip is constant. Make sure to purchase a good quality needle valve. In addition to my calcium...
  2. JFK_Jr

angel/fish favorites?

Here's my Japanese Masked Swallowtails... they are as reef safe as you can get... don't bother or nip at anything.
  3. JFK_Jr

Is Dowflake still safe?

Are you Garry Elliott, and is this your website? "GETTANKEDAQUARIUMS.com Home of Saltwater Correct Products"
  4. JFK_Jr

JFK_Jr's 150 Gallon Starphire

Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback. It's nice to hear from fellow reefers that understand what this hobby is all about. It cracks me up when friends come over and all they ask is... why don't I have more fish in the tank? :lol: rmlevasseur... here's my lighting breakdown.
  5. JFK_Jr

Support brackets in 125g AGA

Well... if you have two braces you need to provide lighting in three sections. I'm assuming you are talking MH. You would need a bulb left, middle and right... that should do the trick.
  6. JFK_Jr

A few more shots...
  7. JFK_Jr

Here's a shot of one of my Genicanthus Semifasciatus... Japanese Masked Swallowtail.
  8. JFK_Jr

Check out the colors in this shot... these guys have really filled out nicely.
  9. JFK_Jr

100 Clown Fish Fry!

Cool... here we go again! :chair: :lurk:
  10. JFK_Jr

The one on the rock is an Australian Prism Favia
  11. JFK_Jr

Here it is... It's on the substrate.
  12. JFK_Jr

Yeah... the tank is much brighter now with a little more of a bluish tint. I had noticed some of my shots were coming out a little dark so I've also been playing with my Sony Cybershot's (EV) Exposure value. It really helps to get rid of the darker shadows.
  13. JFK_Jr

Dentoid's Reeforama

Great news Scott... Let's dance for joy... Yeah Baby!
  14. JFK_Jr

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about my reef... it really is motivating to hear...:thumbup: Here's my FTS for today... My corraline had started to take hold again, so I did a little scraping to get it back to pristine looking condition.