Recent content by jbow50

1. J

HELP! New acropora

Coral is doing great now i actually cut a small branch off the old frag just in case. Its encrusting the rock i glued it to. The old frag is healing and looks great too except the sponge is coming back after pulling it out and dipping the coral :(. I guess ill keep an eye on it. It is showing...
  2. J

HELP! Culerpa growing but cheato dying

Hi all, I've been in the hobby now for about 6 months. I have a 75 gallon dt with a 25 gallon sump and 20 gallon display refugium. My nitrates have tested 0 since day one. I feed my 3 tangs to the point they are about to bust. My 2 clowns are fed daily. And my orange spot goby eats pods and tang...
  3. J

Acan

Honestly, my acan extended his tentacles the same night i got him. I went ahead and fed him some omega one chopped shrimp and he gladly took it. Ive had him for a month now and tonight he grabbed a piece of seaweed my tangs cut loose and actually ate it. I've never heard of that happen before...
  4. J

Acan

Mine wants to eat all day every day lol Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  5. J

Acan

Very pretty! I have one and he likes different types of flow and lighting. Right now i have a 75 gallon with 4 t5s and hes in the bottom but i have very good flow too though. Also they like to be fed often. I feed mine once a week at least. Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  6. J

Full-Tank Friday!

Not bad :) i love your acans by the way! Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  7. J

HELP! New acropora

Okay so ill remove it and dip it. Im planning on getting some coral rx and going from there and probably even dip it every day Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  8. J

HELP! New acropora

This is two days later. It appears more skeleton is showing. Im starting to doubt but im going to keep truckin. Trying to keep water chemistry stable. Should i try to feed it phyto or would that exacerbate the problem Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  9. J

HELP! New acropora

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely keep an eye on it. I will also probably update later this week if i can remember. Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  10. J

HELP! New acropora

I just added it a few days ago and it looked like that but maybe somewhat better now. Specific gravity: 1.026 Cal: 430 Mag: 1300 Alk: 10.8 pH: 7.8-8.0 Nitrates: not detectable Do you think its possible for it to come back with those parameters Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  11. J

HELP! New acropora

I bought my first acropora ever and im not sure of the species. It caught my eye at the lfs because of its red body with green polyps. However, when i got home i acclimated the coral and saw no aefw spots but there was a weird vertical anomaly with its body. The bottom portion is greenish black...