Recent content by Jax

1. J

Anybody using 2 kessil 360we on a RSM 250?

2 kessil 360we with kessil conmtroller. Red Sea Max 250 with live rock about half way up from the sand bed. mixed coral, most softies, on rock and on sand . Question is, if I am using kessil goosenecks, how far apart from center of the tank should they be placed for best spread, and how far...
  2. J

Is 1 kessil 360we for RSM 250 enough?

Just upgraded from a RSM 130 to a RSM 250. I had been using a Kessil 360we over my 130, can I transfer it to my 250? I'm trying not to buy a different or another light if I don't have to. Will be running a reef tank, mostly softies, zoas, euphyllia, Yuma, blastos, acans etc. Not really into...
  3. J

rsm 130 rear sump question

Yes I have the original Red Sea max 130 which has the same design.
  4. J

rsm 130 rear sump question

The rear sump of my RSM 130 is level with water across all chambers with no movement. My question is, behind the gate (1st chamber) shouldn't the water have a "Waterfall" effect dropping water down into the chamber from the display section of the tank? I have a Media rack set up behind the gate...
  5. J

rsm 130 rear & main tank water level

I have the original Red Sea Max 130 (Not C or D). Has no side window to check water level. I have gone hoodless & keep the water level in the tank to the bottom of the black trim. My question is, for the water in the back of the unit, how high should it be? Mine is level with the tank water, is...
  6. J

Adjusting stock skimmer rsm 130. ANYBODY??

I have read many people having the "Over flowing" issue like you had, but my issue is the opposite. I cant get the skimmer to skim up thru the neck and into the cup. Pumps are working and the tube is not kinked or clogged. The valve line sounds loud like a jet so it is sucking in air. My version...
  7. J

Adjusting stock skimmer rsm 130. ANYBODY??

Original RSM 130 (not C or D) stock skimmer not skimming! This thing SUCKS wussup??! I know people just upgrade to a Tunze which is fine but I refuse to believe that red sea would put in a garbage skimmer that wont skim. Pumps are working, I can see bubbles being made up thru the skimmer, the...
  8. J

Tunze 9001 Skimmer RSM 130 installation

So the media rack is necessary to install the Tunze? It wont fit correct without? Which rack did you use, the InTank? Thanks!
  9. J

Tunze 9001 Skimmer RSM 130 installation

Original RSM 130. Stock skimmer not doin anything! Bubbles are being made and are just not reaching into the cup. Valve all the way open and still no dice. Heard the way to go on replacement was with a Tunze 9001. Has anyone installed this without a media rack? Or is a media rack required...
  10. J

Where to attatch kessil gooseneck?

Took the top off and have attached a Kessil gooseneck on the back of my RSM 130 next to the skimmer. I have it clamped to the plastic (not the tank) which is very thin and when I walk by the tank the kessil starts bouncing slightly. Is this a sturdy enough location? I know attaching it to the...
  11. J

Skimmer not making its way into the cup RSM 130

I found that I was able to open the power center and unplug from there. Now I can take my hood off and mount a kessil! Cheers!
  12. J

Cant detach hood RSM130.

Never mind lol! I found that the Power center opens up and I can unplug from there! Answered my own thread :)
  13. J

Cant detach hood RSM130.

I must have an older version RSM 130. I took the pins out the hinges and the hood is completely free except I have a problem... The timer is built in & hard wired to the hood & the other end of the timer cable is hard wired into the built in RSM power strip. This cable is not allowing me to take...
  14. J

Red Sea max 130/130D rimless mod

My timer is hard wired into the hood from the built in power strip. I took my pins out the hinges but the cable to the timer is not allowing me to pull the hood completely off. Suggestion on how to unplug so I can free the hood? RSM 130. Thanks Looks as if I have the original RSM130 where the...
  15. J

Skimmer not making its way into the cup RSM 130

Thanks for the response! And yes you are correct, the top off must be the key for the skimmer. Yesterday I topped off all the way to the top and the skimmer started getting stronger. Still not into the cup but its at the verge, much closer than when the water was not to the tip top in the tank...