Recent content by jaws789832

1. jaws789832

About to just give up

Do you shake your salt bucket or roll it around before mixing? Salts will settle if they sit.
  2. jaws789832

A used 75 with internal over flow value?

Just my opinion and depending on the condition I probably wouldn't pay more that 200$ for it. Now if the stand was good and usable maybe 300. I bought my 120 (Although it was undrilled and I did that myself) for 150$ off craigslist and it was about the same thing. I couldn't use the stand, but...
  3. jaws789832

Jaw's 28 gallon nano

Yeah I thought it was a good idea and it does work but its just too cramped in there for all the gadgets I have so I decided I am going to build a separate cabinet for all the electronics and also to hold a larger top off container. This week I was held at work for 4 days and I went through 5...
  4. jaws789832

Jaw's 28 gallon nano

finally caught them in the act, thought I would share
  5. My Movie on Vimeo

My Movie on Vimeo

This is "My Movie" by Gregory Agrusa on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
  6. jaws789832

Jaw's 28 gallon nano

Kinda sad this morning. Yesterday I tried moving the second anemone over to the big tank without much luck. I didn't want to move the rock he was attached to because it had a lot of algae in it so I took it and hung it upside down in the little tank. After about 6 hours of hanging he still...
  7. jaws789832

Jaw's 28 gallon nano

120 update. Things are slowly but surely progressing. I have moved most corals and 1 fish to the big tank. A couple little mishaps but so far I haven't lost anything that wasn't planned on being lost. I wanted to frag the birdsnest coral because there was a lot of dead skeleton on the bottom of...
  8. jaws789832

Jaw's 28 gallon nano

The 120 update Things are progressing nicely. Did a bunch of work on it the last 2 days so I figured I would give an update. Its been challenging trying to run 2 tanks on 1 apex. I needed to do it though because I wanted to see what kind of amperage draw I was getting with both tanks running...
  9. jaws789832

Jaw's 28 gallon nano

Just a little update. Tank is doing great, But its days are numbered.. I bought a 120 gallon high earlier in the summer and tried my hand at drilling it with great success. I then built my own stand and hood. They aren't really professional grade but I am extremely happy with how they came...
  10. jaws789832

Ecotech Vortex or Apex WAV?

OK heres the Dilemma. I have a Apex gold system controller which I really like. I just bought the ecotech marine radion pros and the Vectra return pump. My next purchase is going to be the powerheads. I don't have the reeflink atm so everytime I need to program my lights I need to pull them...
  11. jaws789832

A little advice please

I guess I didn't word the question very well. I will definitely check for tempered glass. You do this by placing a polarized screen behind the glass and rotating some polarized glasses or a camera filter to about a 45 degree angle until the screen goes black. If it stays black looking trhough...
  12. jaws789832

A little advice please

Hi all. So I found and bought a 120 high on Craigslist for 50$. Only problem is its not reef ready. I thought for that price I was going to try and drill it to install a synergy overflow in it. After I got it all cleaned up I saw a sticker on the bottom panel that says tempered glass, do not...
  13. jaws789832

Anemone Issues

I buy my blackworms at aquaticfoods.com. I have a couple of the keepers and they work well if you want to keep them in the refrigerator. they will only last about 2 months doing it that way. I have a little 5 gallon tank that I set up to raise them in and they last about 6 months for 1/2 lbs...
  14. jaws789832

Anemone Issues

Hi Mathew and welcome. I don't claim to be an expert by any means but our tanks are about the same size and I have kept an anemone for about a year now with no issues. Couple of observations on mine..... When I first got him he was about the size of a half dollar. Since he was attached to a...
  15. jaws789832

Doing things right this time (QT tank)

Don't mean to hijack the thread but how old is your lab. It kinda freaked me out when I saw your picture cuzz its almost identical to mine