Recent content by Jackalope

1. Jackalope

James 180 w/ 40 Wife-tank

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/Jameskot/180%20Display/IMAG0203.jpg got my ORA purple hammer as well =-)
  2. Jackalope

Found out red monti Cap. doesnt like any type of alkalinity changes... dead. now the green cap and the rest of the corals seem to enjoy it. although the red one WAS in a more direct path of the return pump outlet. got a tad impatient on the baking soda dosing =-) new pics inc shortRy
  3. Jackalope

Squamosa clam help please!!

wow serious prob with this website not posting, so i click, then it double posts lol. sorry
  4. Jackalope

question: does it still Have its foot? most the failures come from the lack of the foot being ripped off from LFS ignorance. few months later it dies. the tear on the other hand... hrmm if it's in good shape it will repair itself. if it doesnt react to the shadow trick, its more than likely...
  5. Jackalope

question: does it still Have its foot? most the failures come from the lack of the foot being ripped off from LFS ignorance. few months later it dies. the tear on the other hand... hrmm if it's in good shape it will repair itself. if it doesnt react to the shadow trick, its more than likely...
  6. Jackalope

Gulf ‘dead zone’ bigger than Delaware

There goes my fishing spot =-\
  7. Jackalope

Reef Chemistry Articles

Thanks Boomer for all this info compiled to just 1 click away.
  8. Jackalope

too late. i used the last bit for this last batch. thats the unknown right there.
  9. Jackalope

been using the brute for a while now Rob. this is the first time ive had issues... ok odly enough as this sounds: i could have had ph and alk issues for much longer than i realize. since this last bucket of salt i gotten. its about 6-8months old. this actually peeked my interest on what the...
  10. Jackalope

well test kit A: Hagen... test kit B: not sure on name of it. label is poofed from water. they both show around that range it wasnt off but by 1 drop = 20 ppm here's the thing. from the first batch i made off of this bucket the calc was around the 440ish range. give or take 20ppm now its way...
  11. Jackalope

ummmm.... 280 calc?! wtheck i wander if i didnt mix this bucket up before i used it. but still i dont think mineral settling will cause ph issues.
  12. Jackalope

dont have a mag test kit. calc i have not tested as even the basic principle of ph is not even close. i'll edit this post and test calc rq. container is a brute trash can... new
  13. Jackalope

as mentioned above ----- Fresh Batch ro/di 0 tds to 1.025SG w/ Aquavitro Salinity temp 75F alk 140 *low "not as advertised" ph 7.8 *low "not as advertised" ------ this was from a fresh batch of ro/di and get the same ph levels. im honestly thinking Co2 is out of the question because i havent...
  14. Jackalope

Aiptasia anemones

+1 on aptaisia X Electrocution?!? i gotta try that one lol.
  15. Jackalope

DIY Siphon Surger

usually any motor statings on amperage or wattage draws are under LRA (locked rotor amps) *not good* and also RLA (run/rated load amps) *usually max draw for HP rating* sometimes motor A: down the assembly line states RLA 5 and only pulls 4.5 sometimes less. depends on work load so with all that...