Recent content by HueroEnfermero

1. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

I can't figure how to post pics from the app Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

So over the past few months i added some Xenia, a torch and some zooanthia. I had a question about the torch. I got it home in the tank after acclimating it to my water conditions. It did great...super flowy, and happy looking. For the past 1.5 weeks. Yesterday it is all withdrawn and...
  3. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

Thanks! The sites are awesome. I'm 5 months or so into this hobby. I adopted an established tank so I think I am kind of cheating. It has been fun, and my kids love it too. The leather coral took a couple of days before all of the polyps would open all at once. But now it's so much fun...
  4. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

I have added more light, and moved the light forwards to see if he'd move...he just does this...lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

How far do you think I could drop the water level? I hadn't thought of that.......I call him stretch Armstrong though... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

I think my anemone is happy too. I just can't coax him from the top of my tank Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

I hope the pic loads. Not the best pic, but the gsp seems happy and healthy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

So I took the plunge a got a small leather coral. My phone is giving me problems trying to post a picture. I'll keep trying. Thanks for advice! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

Thanks for that site nano! Awesome reference to have. Just read the section about the torch corals. It says to avoid with other leather corals and hermits. What do you guys think about this advice? So far I like the torches and toadstools. I just added a clown, I was going to wait a while...
  10. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

Thanks! I'll look into those! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. HueroEnfermero

Coral questions...

I am looking for a hardy beginner coral and was looking for some suggestions. I adopted a friends 24 gallon tank. Currently I have 2 clowns, bubbletip nem, arrow and emerald crabs, hermits, turbos and a harlequin shrimp. I want to start bringing in some coral species but I have no clue where...
  12. HueroEnfermero

Newbie question

Thanks for the great info! -Jacob Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. HueroEnfermero

Newbie question

New to the ReefSanctuary, and new to the hobby. Just adopted a friends 24 gallon tank. it has been going strong for 8 years. Just wondering, should I be checking for Nitrites as well as Nitrates? Or is checking for Nitrates sufficient? After the move it was recommended to treat with...