Recent content by hagadiii

1. hagadiii

Signs of a healthy tank

Great thread guys! I love this hobby no matter what people say. Wife said its too expensive, takes away too much time, kids say too nerdy but my shrink and I agree it is very relaxing. Got back from operation Iraqi Freedom a couple of years ago with some injuries. The nightmares and the night...
  2. hagadiii

BTA help

What do you feed a GBTA? How often? Do you use any special device to feed them?
  3. hagadiii

green and hairy?

Hey Cindy, Im new to this hobby myself. I started my first salt water tank Nov 28 last year. I did not use well water like you did but i a had a massive and horrendous green algae outbreak. It was so overwhelming that all top layer of my live rock,sand bed and even the koralia grill have...
  4. One month old tank full shot.

One month old tank full shot.

5. One month old tank.

One month old tank.

6. Bubbles and Mr.Krom,he survived the tank cycle.

Bubbles and Mr.Krom,he survived the tank cycle.

My first 3 fishes.
  7. hagadiii

Lots of baby snails??

Hey i need snails. Im interested on what you got as long as they're not the bad ones. ID them first and let me know. Thanks.
  8. hagadiii

Just wanted to say hi....

I am new myself Jenn, just started my 150 G last Black Friday. Welcome to RS. This site is a great resource of info specially for beginners like us. Hope to see some pics of your set up. Again, WELCOME to this expensive but FUN and FULFILLING hobby.
  9. hagadiii

Help-Skimmer Causing Tank to fill with Bubbles

How do you use the carbon? What polyester bag do u put the carbon into? I read the thread about the 3 day/month but i still cannot imagine where you would place the bag of carbon, sump? tank? is it near the return pump? is that why the bag is sucking thru the pump? please explain, i'm a...
  10. hagadiii

How to fit an aqualight elite housing to a canopy?

thank you for the advice. I guess off to Home Depot tomorrow and search for a hole saw. I like the fan guard/shroud idea too since it may hide some blemishes of wood splintering, hopefully NOT. Will post pics after i complete this task. If anyone got any input please feel free to post a...
  11. hagadiii

How to fit an aqualight elite housing to a canopy?

Unfortunately my canopy is closed top sir so do i need more holes then? What do u suggest will be the best way to bore holes on this type of material with the least amount of destruction to the surrounding wood? Also how big should the holes be? Should I trace the diameter of the inlet and...
  12. Excited to open my first lighting system.

Excited to open my first lighting system.

Fresh from the warehouse of DrsFoster&Smith webstore. Pristine except for a crushed metal halide bulb and a broken actinic. Courtesy of Mr.FedEx Butterfinger.
  13. Tank with canopy but light housing cannot fit.

Tank with canopy but light housing cannot fit.

Canopy in place. Aqualight wont fit with legs on. Need to lose the legs and hang the light housing inside the tiny canopy. Water still dark and murky. 1 day old aquarium.
  14. Removed canopy and placed aqualight with legs.

Removed canopy and placed aqualight with legs.

Now I got light but i cant put my canopy back. I should have gotten the retrofit. 2 day old aquarium and $720 dollar lighting mistake. PRICELESS!
  15. open canopy

open canopy

Removed canopy to make way for the light. I may need to hang the aqualight housing inside this tiny frame. This is what it looks like when the canopy is open.