Recent content by Gyr

1. Gyr

Gyr's 125 gallon upgrade

Haven't posted in a while. I wound up going with an SWC 180 cone skimmer, and also got a new reactor from BRS for running GFO. In addition to switching to T5 from MH's, quite a few changes over the past few months. In general, most of my corals are thriving. A few really browned shortly...
  2. P9200004

P9200004

3. Gyr

Gyr's 125 gallon upgrade

My coral coloration still isn't any better, but really hasn't gotten any worse. I'm doing weekly water changes and all my parameters are remaining stable. I am thinking that I need to upgrade my protein skimmer, as I am still using the built in one that came with my CPR aquafuge pro sump (the...
  4. Gyr

Gyr's 125 gallon upgrade

I am happy to report that the hyposalinity treatment seems to have worked. My fish have been back in the DT for a little over 3 weeks, and all seems to be fine with the fish. The daytime polyp extension of my corals has decreased again, pretty much within a day or two of the fish returning to...
  5. Gyr

Is my RBTA sick, or just lonely?

Well, it has been a bit over a month now that my RBTA started to look better. I am happy to report that during that time it has slowly increased in size and has been getting its color back. Its improvement correlated with when the clownfish was returned to the tank, but I have no idea if that...
  6. rose_milli

rose_milli

7. RBTA_June_b

RBTA_June_b

8. RBTA_June_a

RBTA_June_a

9. Gyr

T5 light spread (long-axis) question

I have recently upgraded to a 125 gallon tank. It is 72 inches long. I have been thinking about switching to T5 set up, and I like the ATI fixtures, but they don't come in a 72 inch fixture. If I center their 60 inch fixture over my tank, would the light spread out enough to cover the 6 extra...
  10. Gyr

WTB Lumenarc mini III reflectors

I am looking to buy three Luminarc mini III reflectors (and CoralVue ballasts) for my new tank. PM me if you are looking to unload one. Kurt
  11. Gyr

BTA wedged in rock DOA???

CobrajetMach1, Man, sorry about your BTA. What a bummer. Kurt
  12. Gyr

Is my RBTA sick, or just lonely?

Some hope? Well, for the first time in the past several weeks my BTA has shown some improvement. A few days ago it moved from the rock it had originally anchored to and since yesterday it is expanding again. Its not as big as it used to be, but much better than it has been lately. Before...
  13. BTA 5/8

BTA 5/8

14. Gyr

Yeah, BigAl. You're right. I was just getting desperate to try to get my BTA happy again. Just one week early, just one fish...but no, you are right. I'll wait the full 8 weeks because the teardown to get the fish out and the whole long hyposalinity treatment is definitely a bear. It...
  15. Gyr

Cobrajet, Interesting coincidence that your BTA got sick during an ich outbreak as I am having the same problem, myself.(http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/anemones/58351-my-rbta-sick-just-lonely.html) From all the reading I have done it doesn't seem likely the ICH itself would cause the...