Recent content by GobyWanKenobie

1. G

Red Sea Max 250 cooling fan

The double cooling fan(s) on the back wall have died. It's an old tank. The part number is RDL6015S. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement part in the US or has anyone found a way to modify this using other fans?
  2. G

Surface film

I'll just keep playing around with the power head. They seem to like the new food, so I'm not ready to give up, but I do hate the film.
  3. G

Surface film

Thanks. The tank is about 8 years old, but I've changed the feeding habits to accommodate new corals. I will try redirecting the power head. Would the polishing filter cartridge help? My tank was not new so it didn't come with one, but I could try to find one.
  4. G

Surface film

I have a RSM 250. Recently, I started feeding ReefRoids and homemade phytoplankton. Now I have a brown film on the water's surface that skimming does not remove. I have a powerhead directed at the surface for more agitation, and I occasionally lift it with saran wrap, but I'm looking for a...
  5. G

RSM 250 led

I went with the Reef Breeder v32. Once you take out the T5 fixture, it fit's right in there. I really like it!
  6. G

My Red Sea Max 250

Mine is very similar. I went with the Reef Breeders Led light, and my media basket is filter floss, phosphate pad, Purigen and one Chemi Pure Elite. I don't have many fish, and every month I alternate between changing the Purigen or the Chemi Pure. How old is your Powder Blue Tang? I have...
  7. G

LED light for RSM 250

I upgraded the light in my old RSM 250 hood with a Reef Breeders Photon 32-V2 light fixture, and I love it! Installation was pretty easy, just take the hood apart, remove the old fixture and wiring, and with a few simple modifications, it fits in the space very nicely. I've been looking for a...
  8. G

RSM 250 Pump 1

Thanks for the replies. Now that I know it will fit, I can place my order. In the meantime, I am using an Aqueon AQ2300, but even though it says up to 608 gph, it just doesn't seem nearly as powerful as my old pump. I think Sicce is the way to go.
  9. G

RSM 250 Pump 1

Pump 1 no longer works, and I need a replacement. Other than the Red Sea brand, what other pump fits into that back chamber? I'm considering the Sicce Syncra 568 gph pump. Has anyone else tried this?
  10. G

Back To The Hobby RSM C-130

Replacement impellers are expensive. I would try to find a replacement tip, maybe even from a different impeller. All you need is something that keeps the impeller shaft seated in that compartment so it doesn't rattle around and break.
  11. G

RSM 250 pump noise

Thanks for the reply. It's not the sicce pump. Even though I contacted them, I never got the replacement pump they offered years ago. This is the original, at least 7 years old, so it's been very good until now. If I buy a new pump, do you think any 600 gph pump that fits in that space...
  12. G

RSM 250 pump noise

After many years, my RSM 250 Pump #1 has started making a humming noise. I have cleaned it and made sure it is not touching the tank side. Do I need a new impeller? If so, does anyone know the model number? It is the original pump. Thanks.
  13. G

WTB RSM 250 hood

Thanks for the info. I also love the original RSM. Since I have cats and a bird, it's just easier knowing they can't fall in. LOL It's also better on evaporation.
  14. G

WTB RSM 250 hood

Where do the hoods go when people switch to pendant or metal halide lighting? I cannot find a replacement hood anywhere!
  15. G

WTB RSM 250 hood

Looking for a RSM 250 hood with T5 lights, preferably black.