Recent content by funkoid

1. F

Pre-owned tank & brooklynella

Not been to see it yet, it was a running tank that had suffered from it about 12 months ago. It's a tank breakdown so will literally be just the tank, sump and cabinet
  2. F

Max E-Series for 2016 release?

Based on previous Red Sea pricing history, is there likely to be a reduction in price across the rest of the range?
  3. F

Reefer 250 & Refugium

Im contemplating going down the reefer 250 route but I've always wanted to run a refugium mainly to support copepod production enabling the possibility of a mandarin. The ONLY thing that's putting me off the 250 is the sump not having a refugium partition. I've seen you can get baffles which...
  4. F

SOLD : Red Sea Max 250

Now sold, please close thread
  5. F

Pre-owned tank & brooklynella

Has anyone every inherited a tank which has previously suffered from brooklynella? Any way to disinfect the tank and sump etc and ensure you don't inherit the brooklynella?
  6. F

BRS Deluxe reactor on RSM250

@mike1970 with not having a sump, how do you protect against flooding your room running pipe work out into the GFO reactor? Do you not have a return pump?
  7. F

If you were to start again..

Is it a phosban reactor you run? Have you fit it in one of the chambers at the rear of the tank? What pump do you have running on it?
  8. F

If you were to start again..

So, if you had an RSM all in one tank, specially the 250 MAX or C.... What would you do from the outset? Modification/equipment wise? Add a sump?
  9. F

Tok's RSM 250

Good to hear things are on the way up! How are you managing with the AIO aspect of things? I keep hearing people regretting going with AIO units, particularly the max, you never been tempted with putting a sump on it?
  10. F

Hi, price is at the bottom of the thread, is there anywhere else I have to specify it?
  11. F

I have for sale my Red Sea Max 250 / RSM 250. Around 3 years old, was purchased from another reefer 18 months ago and is in very good condition. Due to personal circumstances the project never took off and the tank and stand have been in the living room doing nothing for 18 months :( The unit...
  12. F

Tok's RSM 250

Does it get into the curved corners okay? Already have one but I find it quite rough on flat glass, was a bit concerned about using it on the curved corners.
  13. F

Tok's RSM 250

They're great photos, how do you manage to keep your glass so clean and scratch free? What are you using for cleaning?
  14. F

Cracked RSM Club

I'll be honest and say I'm bricking it now, just spoken to someone else that had the same thing happen in exactly the same place top to bottom. Seems like such a gamble to me now, there are so many people out there who haven't mentioned the problems either :( Edit - Has anyone ever compared...
  15. F

Cracked RSM Club

Out of interest, those who have and haven't had them crack, how many of you were using egg crate or some other form of rock support underneath your live rock?