Recent content by frewl

1. F

Refuguim Sizes

I was needing some input. I'm looking to make my own refuguim out of acrylic and I was wondering the measurements on some of the HOB fuges and how thick the acrylic is on them. I'm trying to figure out how thick I need and if I can go a little lighter then what they recommend to make acrylic...
  2. F

My AP24

Well the underground filter would just let the water be disbursed under the live rock rubble better. I guess get less flow ever all the rubble instead of having it just coming up in a small section. I'm not really worried about flow since I'm only needing about 200-300 GPH and even then its...
  3. F

My AP24

Well I wet tested my horrible attempt at a sump with a fuge in it. The seals mostly hold water. I'm hoping to run a little under 200 gph through it. I'm going to put a Quiet One 1200 in it and with the head loss calc it said it should be running at about 195. Its a 10 gallon I had laying...
  4. F

My AP24

Well I just got my AP24 filled up with salt water last night. I have the standard PC lights. Started the Lights on their cycle. I got the Corallife Aqualight Dual Power Center. I replaced the stock pump with a Maxi-Jet 900(I know it sounds a little light but you will see next why I got...
  5. F

Hello

I'm Just weird I like the clean look from the front, plus I have an 18 month old so I don't want the open top. I can see her trying to "feed" the fish. I'm looking at my options and I love the DIY aspect of this hobby/lifesyle. I'm not sure which it is. I know I'm going to have to run...
  6. F

Hello

Thanks all. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to do. Getting all the pumps into the back was a pain. I plan on getting a 70 watt metal halides retro. The place where I got my stuff from sells one. I got all my equipment from Sam at Aquabuys. I called him up and talked to him. A...
  7. F

Hello

Hi I'm Billy. I'm just getting started. I just filled up my AP24. I changed out the stock pump with a MJ900 and added 3 Mini-Jet 606 on a Natural wave timer. Trying to get some live rock without breaking my budget.