Recent content by fishhead

1. fishhead

Year old bare bottom tank got sand

Well true, but I wouldn't consider eating pods a function, but I haven't seen any worms in my tank! Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
  2. fishhead

Well, the cleaner wrasse cleans the fish. The six line wrasse was first fish and cleans a little, the fairy wrasse is just pretty, graceful and very nice to all. Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
  3. fishhead

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
  4. fishhead

5. fishhead

6. fishhead

Sorry I meant to say I have just added 40 pounds of sand to it Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
  7. fishhead

I've got a 60 gallon tank that used to be bare bottom for about a year not put 40 pounds of sand in it. It is 4 feet long but just a foot front to back. Right now I have six small fish. There is a Phosban reactor Carbon reactor chiller reef octopus SRO 1000 skimmer in the sump and a biopellet...
  8. fishhead

old/new/old/new tank

Here is his anemone https://instagram.com/p/57wE-0NFjr/ Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
  9. fishhead

new species of anglerfish discovered

Cool. did you see the weird anemone / spaghetti looking thing they found? they had a video of it walking d Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
  10. fishhead

Current Tank: 60 Gallon 4ft x 2 ft x 1 ft BB AGA. 4 x 54W ATI T5 & 36W LED spot. Sump, Mag7...

Current Tank: 60 Gallon 4ft x 2 ft x 1 ft BB AGA. 4 x 54W ATI T5 & 36W LED spot. Sump, Mag7 return & Sicce 1.5 for chiller. 1 MP40
  11. fishhead

Current Tank: 60 Gallon 4ft x 2 ft x 1 ft BB AGA. Used-Craigslist

Current Tank: 60 Gallon 4ft x 2 ft x 1 ft BB AGA. Used-Craigslist
  12. fishhead

old/new/old/new tank

....the tank is bare bottom, which I am finding tends to run at lower alkalinity than I am used to. So the chiller worked out great, but the HOB skimmer had to go. It was replaced with an SRO1000I. Still fought stuff on the rocks for Months, and am still fighting it. It seems to be old algae...
  13. fishhead

old/new/old/new tank

In all fairness though, I had them in my sump which is moving about seven hundred gallons an hour through 5 inches of water Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
  14. fishhead

old/new/old/new tank

Definitely does have an effect on alkalinity. If you read the specs one of the elements not included is magnesium. No doubt this affects the alkalinity drop<br /><br />Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk