Recent content by emvanburen

1. E

EVB's Red Sea Max S 650 LED

Goodbye Potomac Reef! This is a bit bittersweet as this is probably my last update on Potomac Reef – which has been my largest and most successful reef tank to date. Sad, because I’ve loved the tank despite its limitations and nuances. But happy, because soon Potomac Reef 2 will be up and...
  2. E

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Sounds like it is really coming along! Keep charging! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. E

Nobby's S-650

Mine just split too! Congrats. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. E

On the comments about the recirc pumps, they cause more flow over the weir and thus raise the water level a bit in the display. They don’t really impact the flow down the drain when they off much other than running at a slightly lower water level (higher sump level). I’ve thought about how to...
  5. E

Progress continues but more in the planning department. I’ve been wondering about how to handle moving my livestock while the new tank cycles. Everyone tells me the corals are going to get really pissed by the process. I set up a small frag tank experiment a while back. It’s been fed by auto...
  6. E

Plumbing completed to the fishroom and the ceiling is back together. November / December will be about getting the fish room ready for equipment. Also now have 2 dedicated 20amp circuits run in. Small stuff, like: Plywood walls Painting Flooring Lighting Also wondering how best to...
  7. E

Shaun - love the progress. Nothing like cutting into your house to affirm your commitment to the hobby! The automatic carx are very interesting. However with an apex - even the traditional ones are pretty stable these days. I had one back in the 2005 timeframe and it was more sketchy...
  8. E

We now have 2 drains , 2 emergency drains, a return and a data conduit from tank to fishroom. Now I just need a new tank and fishroom! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. E

Shaun this looks amazing. Very jealous right now! How are you thinking of aquascaping? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. E

Structural work done! Now attacking plumbing. Snakey pipes are return and drain lines. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. E

A very large and structurally irrelevant beam has now been installed between the tank and the wall directly underneath. This beam was required because the engineer is unable to acknowledge the wall directly under the tank - a so called demising wall- and thus has to prevent this critical joist...
  12. E

Will also have to route two tank drains, the returns and a data conduit through here.. along with all this domestic plumbing... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. E

Picture under the tank of the floor joists. Will be reinforcing this area for the upcoming expansion... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. E

Congrats on the Deep. I'm embarking on "Seaworld on Potomac" aka. Potomac Reef 2 slated for Jan2020 splashing. At MACNA this year, (which my 14 yr old called Aquachella which made me laugh) Mark Callahan gave a good talk about 2nd tanks, and he made the point that you will always love one...
  15. E

Congrats! It’s immense. I love it. Have you considered plumbing the two tanks together so you only have “one” system to maintain? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk