Recent content by Emperor559

1. Emperor559

Heater problems!!!!

Sorry to hear this. You are very lucky you caught it early. Unfortunately yes I have heard of this happening. The person I know lost pretty much everything. The internal thermostat sticks in the on position which just keeps heating up the tank. Not much you can do about it except buy a better...
  2. Emperor559

2nd zoo's colony gone

Maybe Amphipods are my problem too. I have another post on this too called dying zoo's. I have seen pods crawling all over them at night
  3. Emperor559

Dying zoo's

Really everything I have ever read said 76 was an optimum temp.
  4. Emperor559

Dying zoo's

Source water is R/O Temp is 74-76 sometimes gets to 78 but never fluctuates more than a degree or 2 in a day. I try to do 5g water changes every 2 weeks. I dose as needed after a water change. I try to test weekly just to see whats going on. I haven't been able to test strontium or iodine...
  5. Emperor559

Dying zoo's

Ok so a couple of months ago all of my zoo's died off for no particular reason that I have been able to find. It seems to be only affecting the zoo's as well. 2 weeks ago I put a 3 polyp frag of green zoo's in there and now it is melting away too. I have searched the tank for nudibranchs but I...
  6. Emperor559

29 Bio-cube dosing regiment

But don't most people dose certain things on a regular basis? I read a post on here that people were getting a baseline based on there coral consumption and then dosing accordingly and rechecking that baseline every so often.
  7. Emperor559

29 Bio-cube dosing regiment

For curiosity sake I was wondering what everyone's dosing regiment is that owns a 29 Bio-cube. I would also like to know what type of corals you currently keep with that regiment. Greg
  8. Emperor559

Halimeda anyone?

I guess nobody likes halimeda
  9. Emperor559

Coral Id

Frank did you ever get your pictures off your computer I would love to see your merulina
  10. Emperor559

Halimeda anyone?

I have some halimeda to trade if anyone is interested. I don't have a lot in my tank and that's the only thing I have to trade right now. Just looking for small frags. Thanks. Greg
  11. Emperor559

is the guy at the fish store pulling my leg

Actually I have heard of a couple people doing this and the clowns actually started hosting with the anemone. I talked to the people that tried it and they said it worked. Never tried it myself though.
  12. Emperor559

My 29 BioCube

I haven't checked yet this week but last week they were ph 7.98 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Calcium 360 Magnesium 1075 Salinity 1.025 KH 8. I forgot to test nitrates apparently. My Mag and calcium and ph dropped significantly within a week. The week b4 was ph 8.16 calcium 410 mag 1250. I have been...
  13. Emperor559

My DIY LED Lights

Well I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed. I can't wait to see what comes of this venture. Awesome I say
  14. Emperor559

My 29 BioCube

Well my zoo's are slowly dying off. I have read other threads and did a freshwater dip to start. I'll do a water change hopefully tomorrow. Some white wormlike organisms came off in the freshwater dip as well as bristle worms, and pods. Didn't see anything else though. Frogspawn is doing great...
  15. Emperor559

My 29 BioCube

Here is my disaster page http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/just-starting-out-sw-beginners/30748-first-reef-tank-first-disaster.html