Recent content by ElTurco

1. ElTurco

El Turco's Red Sea Max 250 Diary

Hi Pablo, Your LFS is right and they may be diffucult to keep. On the other hand if you consider some bullet points highlighted below keeping them is easy : 1- Find a reliable LFS buddy. 2- Before buying check the origin of the Powder Blue( Singapore or Indenosian origins are generally...
  2. ElTurco

Hi Glenn, Hope you and your family all doing fine. Regret the RSM 250 is geting too small for the fish and RSM 650 not available in Turkey. So I am about to start a new project within couple of months. My LFS buddy just completed a new project for his another customer and mine will be almost...
  3. ElTurco

Hi; RSM still running since 2010 :)
  4. ElTurco

Chips in glass

Hi there; Sorry for the chips. Do you have kids in the house because something must hit hard to make it happen. Strongly suggest to change the aquarium because sooner or later the glass will not resist and it will explode all of a sudden. Good luck. brgds
  5. ElTurco

An Unexpected Journey

Hi V; Aquascaping for reef aquariums is almost important as having a good protein skimmer. Many of the hobbiest while concentrating on equipment do not think in detail the aquascaping. While aquascaping is fully dependent on available space one major point is to have a minimum footprint of...
  6. ElTurco

Tok's RSM 250

Hi T, Guess the UPS supply electricty to MPs how many hours UPS does its job ? Brgds
  7. ElTurco

Tli rsm 500

Hi D, I would take out turbo snails soonest they are good at cleaning algae but they scracth glass. Esp. When they do their cool twist move. Brgds
  8. ElTurco

Prsrocks new red sea 650

Now you are talking bro :)))
  9. ElTurco

What is this ????

It should be tapeworm or mukoza of bristleworm. Had this finding in my tank to sort it out and to find out to whom this coating belongs to place a food clam on edge far from rocks at night and wait the guy came out :) Brgds
  10. ElTurco

Mod's RSM S500

Hi M, Great additions indeed. A quick question; your live rocks are so red.. Is it coroline alg covering? If yes what additives are you using ? Brgds
  11. ElTurco

Dave's RSM 500

Hi D, Guess the peaks of scaping awaits Acros :snshne: Brgds
  12. ElTurco

Prsrocks new red sea 650

Hi P, I would suggest ADA style rock scaping which will let you position your corals depending on type and light intensity requirements. Google Ada aquascaping. İe: make 3 rock piles small medium and large position them in triangle. You may also check this link to see lots of reef...
  13. ElTurco

DarkKlown's RSM 500

Hi D; These two are certainly mantis shrimp strongly suggest to take them out while there is no stock in your good tank.
  14. ElTurco

RS 250 Replacement skimmer

Hi; google for Deltec MC 500. brgds
  15. ElTurco

Jeff's RSM 400

Hi Jeff; I would not put LCD tv and RSM 400 side by side think about your eyes health. There should be one light source when watching tv and it should be from your back. brgds