Elias's Recent Activity

1. Elias liked Uncle99's post in the thread HELP! Live Rock Curing Question.

Very good choice!

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:20 PM
  2. Elias replied to the thread Canister filter instead of sump, yay or nay?.

Already thought of that, ill be using the Tunze osmolator 3155 it not only has a mechanical sensor to measure water level but also an...

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:11 AM
  3. Elias liked DaveK's post in the thread Canister filter instead of sump, yay or nay?.

Check your tank. Often only the bottom is tempered glass, and you can drill the sides. However if it is tempered, you'll still be ok...

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:05 AM
  4. Elias liked DaveK's post in the thread Canister filter instead of sump, yay or nay?.

In a tank that size, I'd highly recommend a sump. Yes, you are going to need some sort of overflow. Ideally, drill the tank to...

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:32 PM
  5. Elias replied to the thread Canister filter instead of sump, yay or nay?.

I will be upgrading to two tunze 9012 witch are rated for around 400 liters each, drilling a hole is not an option since the glass is...

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:10 PM
  6. Elias liked DaveK's post in the thread Canister filter instead of sump, yay or nay?.

Generally a canister filter is not desirable on a SW system. This is because it tends to collect a lot of dirt, and if not cleaned...

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:42 PM
  7. Elias replied to the thread Canister filter instead of sump, yay or nay?.

Is that a wall seperating the items from the main tank or is everything hang on additions?

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:42 PM
  8. Elias liked Uncle99's post in the thread Canister filter instead of sump, yay or nay?.

Yes, a sump clearly out ways IMO. I don't have a sump so things look like this From the left: ATO, Heater, filter and carbon HOB,...

image.jpeg Feb 20, 2019 at 3:41 PM
  9. Elias replied to the thread Canister filter instead of sump, yay or nay?.

450 liters or 125 gallons, the aquarium has no holes for the sump pipes and an overhang drain seems flimsy to me but also an option i...

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:40 PM
  10. Elias posted a new thread.

Canister filter instead of sump, yay or nay?

Very easy question, canister filter or not for a saltwater aquarium.

Forum: General Reef Aquarium Discussion

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:54 AM