Recent content by DENNIS

1. D

Am I ready for my 1st coral?

So, I think my tank has cycled and I'm wondering If I'm ready to add my first coral and what type would be best. This is what I have so far....Am I ready or what esle should be done to prepare? 37 gallons 35 lbs of live rock live sand 3 Yellow Tail Chromis 2 Clown 2 Peppermint Shrimp...
  2. D

New tank and not sure what to do next...

All this talk about different types of lighting...I'm just going to be content that the $100 I spent on lighting today is going to suffice for now. I've set up the protein skimmer and I'm unsure as to the adjustment of the air valve. The instructions didn't talk about this. Should I have...
  3. D

Well, I returned shortly ago from the aquarium store and realized I'm going to need a part time job to support my hobby :turntable Here are my purchases: Upgraded my light to a 4 tube lamp fixture 96 watt 50/50 SeaClone 150 Protein Skimmer self rotating powerhead Centrifugal pump with...
  4. D

It is compact. 20 inch / 28 watts
  5. D

Thanks Woodstock, and sorry you have to keep relocating my pictures! I'm off to Big Als Aquarium Supercenter. What would you recommend in terms of lights. I currently have two bulbs. One is blue. Should I replace both or just increase the wattage of the white bulb. My ignorance is really...
  6. D

I don't think the polyps are aptasia. I've looked around the internet and the only thing I found them to look similar to are maybe sand polyps? I've uploaded a picture if anyone can help identify. As far as my light, I went (once again) with the recommendation from my lfs. It was the...
  7. D

Hello From Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks for the warm welcom everone!
  8. Polyps on my live rock

Polyps on my live rock

Here is a picture of polyps that were attached to my live rock when I purchased. Can anyone help identify.
  9. D

You guys are fantastic! I never expected such quick responses. Woodstock, I don't run a skimmer yet. I was told I didn't really need to invest in one until I started to add coral. I figured I wouldn't be ready for that for at least a couple of months so I decided to hold off on that expense...
  10. D

Wow! Quick replies. I don't have much to show yet but I'm proud of what I've got so far. I've uploaded a couple of pictures. Peace, Dennis
  11. My New Reef Aquarium

My New Reef Aquarium

My new aquarium after adding live Haiten rock
  12. My New Reef Aquarium

My New Reef Aquarium

Brand new after adding water/salt
  13. D

Hey everyone, I've had my tank for less than a week now and I'm a bit lost as to what I shoud do next and how soon. My tank is 37 gallons (tall). I just introduced 38.5 lbs of live Haiten rock last evening and just tested my water for the first time tonight. Below are where my levels are at...
  14. D

Hey everyone. Starting out with my first reef aquarium and have lots of questions! 37 gal less than a week old. Introduced live Haiten rock last evening. Look forward to chatting with everyone. Peace, Dennis