Recent content by degibson84

1. degibson84

Scott's Wrasse

they seem to like flakes
  2. degibson84

Scott's Wrasse

The one that comes out, which I think is the female very large but dull colors, nipped at a few flakes this evening
  3. degibson84

Scott's Wrasse

Dang I tried Garlic this afternoon just because thats what usually do with all my new additions. They didn't eat anything. Now I have only had them for about 24 hours. they were in the sand until the lights came on. I did try using Hikari Mega Marine algae since I have a Tomini Tang I use that...
  4. degibson84

Scott's Wrasse

Just added a male and female Scott's. Had to shut down the lighting for the night due to my Tomini Tang chasing them around. What is the best thing to use to get them to start eating? I was thinking of just using mysis soaked in garlic
  5. degibson84

SeaChem Reef Salt or Coralife Salt.

Going to make a switch after getting a bad batch of IO. I can't decide between the two. Looking for good stable numbers so I wont have to dose between water changes. Let me know what you guys would use between the two
  6. degibson84

Trachaphyllia issues

It is not accepting food. I tried putting mysis and also chopped pieces of clam. I was told on another forum to move it into a shady area. When I did this I noticed the coral was very hard and not fleshy like it was the day I bought it. Also Just ran out of solution to test calcim and...
  7. degibson84

Trachaphyllia issues

this is the species formerly known as wellsophyllia
  8. degibson84

Trachaphyllia issues

A few weeks ago I bought a nice Trach Radiata it was opening up great and had amazing red and green colors on it. after about a week and a half it looked like it wasn't getting plump anymore. I decided to try it in a less turbulent area of the tank and in a day it was back to being plump again...
  9. degibson84

Is this a Hydroid?

a marine biologist that is a freind of my LFS owner has told me to take boiling water in a turkey baster and blast them with boiling water. I have done this last night and will see what happens this afternoon if the polyps open up
  10. degibson84

Is this a Hydroid?

I noticed these things growing out in a few spots on my rock. I have been told to leave them they will just go away but I have also been told to get rid of them ASAP. The one rock I removed and tried burning off as many as I could find with a lighter. The other rock I can't pull out as it is the...
  11. degibson84

220 Gallon build

I love them too. what i hate is the overblue that the iphone has in pictures
  12. degibson84

220 Gallon build

Added a nice Tomini Tang on wednesday. starting to come out a pick at my rocks once he is comfortable coming out i will try to snap a picture
  13. degibson84

220 Gallon build

He was a beautiful fish he made a nice little burrow under a rock and was starting to eat frozen and i came home from work to find him sun bathing. I am imagining that the puffer startled him. I really need to get rid of the puffer but my wife wont let me.
  14. degibson84

220 Gallon build

tried a sweet tiger goby and even though i had the tank screen off around the top he found a way to jump on to the top glass and got a very crispy suntan. I am not sure I can keep a conch in my tank since I have a Green Spotted puffer. He seems to go after all my snails
  15. degibson84

220 Gallon build

last weekend I bought a small rock that had to be split to transport down to me. One piece had one mushroom and the other had zoas and 3 mushrooms. As I was feeding the tank today I noticed 2 small aiptasia nems on the larger rock with only one shroom. So I reached in and pulled the rock out and...