1. D

db75Reef's RS Reefer 350

Best pals
  2. D

db75Reef's RS Reefer 350

another macro photo
  3. D

db75Reef's RS Reefer 350

It is interesting how the Acanthurus pyroferus sometimes is deep yellow and sometimes is almost transparent
  4. D

db75Reef's RS Reefer 350

Feeding time - the purple glowing stuff are food particles glowing under UVs
  5. D

db75Reef's RS Reefer 350

common Zoanthids - with proper care and good lighting become awesome
  6. D

db75Reef's RS Reefer 350

one of my euphyllia
  7. D

My own controller

A small graph showing how auto-mode works; in this image are only 2 channels shown, but all 6 works in similar way;
  8. D

db75Reef's RS Reefer 350

the favourite hiding spot of fishes
  9. D

db75Reef's RS Reefer 350

Meet the new member of my tank- Acanthurus pyroferus. He is a tiny, happy fish
  10. D

Tang for RS Reefer 350????

Considering all pros and cons of different tangs, this weekend went to a shop and picked up this guy - lemonpeel mimic tang. Even if not too much info available (comparing with other tangs) - seems that is hardy, less aggressive and quite a beauty in juvenile stage and adult as well; 3 days in...
  11. D

Thanks for advices. I balance between powder and mimic tangs. Only one for sure. Even if mimics are not as colorfull as powder seems that are hardier and less aggresive. Will take a trip soon to a shop and see. If not will go to another shop [emoji39] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. D

thanks again Dave, I know powder blue tangs are awesome, but difficult and aggressive; Actually what I am looking at is either a powder brown (japonicus) or a mimic lemonpeel tang (forgot the latin name). But on mimic tang info is scarce and contradictory; Some say 75g others 120g or more;
  13. D

Dave, all I want is one tang. The thread you recommended talks about 2 tangs in 75 gallons; I would love an Acanthurus but question is if it is OK in it. Here is a photo on my tank and how rocks are placed. Flow in tank is around 60x the volume if important
  14. D

Reading various forums and threads around web seems that Mimic Lemon Peel Tang is a good candidate and looks awesome as well. Opinions??
  15. D

Thanks Dave, interesting thread, indeed; but there is written something like... "in most reef tanks in the 75 - 100 gallon range you can keep two tangs in the 7' - 10" adult size range without too much problem if you mix the genus properly. Anything under 75 gallons and 48" or longer can...