Recent content by DawnMarie81

1. D

Hello Everyone

Welcome to RS The people here are great, and no matter how silly the questions (and I've asked some pretty silly ones in the few days I have been on this site), there is always someone willing to help. There is a lot of confusing info out there on starting a SW Tank up, but the people here...
  2. D

Newbie to Saltwater Aquariums

Can someone tell me what the difference between live rock and reef is? Or is there a difference? Also what IS coral? can you use live rock, reef and coral, as well as fish all in the same tank?
  3. D

Thanks a lot, this site sure makes it a lot easier to get things started. It is much easier to trust someone who already has a tank set up and running compared to just some sites that could tell you anything they want to. I am hoping to get my tank set up as much as i can this weekend and get...
  4. D

Re: LOOK! Frequently Asked Questions~ ok, so i fill the tank with water, then add whatever chemicals and salt needs added...i havent done that research yet...and then i can add the live sand and live rocks at the same time? or do i have to wait a while for the chemicals to level out before I...
  5. D

Re: LOOK! Frequently Asked Questions~ .
  6. D

Re: LOOK! Frequently Asked Questions~ Thx :)
  7. D

Re: LOOK! Frequently Asked Questions~ Sorry, i am not really too sure how to use these posts, the first time it kept saying there was a error and so i tried to re-post it. Didn't mean to "leapfrog" ya
  8. D

Re: LOOK! Frequently Asked Questions~ Wow, I have a feeling this is going to take a while. Can you put the live rocks and coral in before the fish, while the tank is still on its first cycle?
  9. D

Re: LOOK! Frequently Asked Questions~ I have heard that once you ut up the tank, put the water in it and whatever else is needed to get the water right (chemicals, salt...etc) that you have to wait 6 months before you can put fish in...or that it takes the water that long to sit before it is...
  10. D

Re: LOOK! Frequently Asked Questions~ I have heard that once you ut up the tank, put the water in it and whatever else is needed to get the water right (chemicals, salt...etc) that you have to wait 6 months before you can put fish in...or that it takes the water that long to sit before it is...
  11. D

Hey everyone. I just got a 75g tank and am wanting to set it up saltwater. I have heard a lot of different things about getting started and read online a lot of different stuff, one site seems to contradict another. I am hoping that joining here may help me out.