Recent content by datahoe

1. D

Unknown Algae on Live Rock

I need help identifying these algae that is growing over one of my live rocks and starting to kill some of my coral. It's a tough leather-like algae. I pulled some off but it is too difficult to peel it all away. Not sure what it could be but it is continuing to grow. Any help would be...
  2. D

Chiller for RSM S-650

Nob, thanks for the advice. My Teco 2000 arrived and I installed it over the weekend. It's working perfectly so far. The tank has stayed at 78 and so far the chiller hasn't kicked on. The heater works great as well. What pump do you use to feed your chiller?
  3. D

Chiller for RSM S-650

Thank you for sharing. I love the clean look of the rear of your tank and you have inspired me to do something about the back of my tank. Can you share how you made the magnetic panel on the rear of the tank? I want to create something like that to vent the heat out as well.
  4. D

Chiller for RSM S-650

Thanks, I think I have made my decision and will get the TECO 2000. One thing I didn't see is the amps the chiller uses. Do you happen to know how many amps it draws? Also, you said it fits inside the chiller area well, any issues with venting hot air out the back?
  5. D

Chiller for RSM S-650

How long have you had yours? Have you had any issues? Although it seems a little more expensive, it appears to be a better chiller. I do like the heating option. How long is the warranty?
  6. D

Chiller for RSM S-650

Hello, I am in need of a new chiller for my RSM S-650. I previously had a JDJ Artica 1/4 chiller but it has stopped working. I actually believe it has stopped working for some time now but now the temps are continuously rising. I have a fan cooling it some but of course, the fan option is not...
  7. D

EVB's Red Sea Max S 650 LED

Wow, I never thought to try and use that. So what are you using in place of NOPOX? Your tank looks amazing by the way. Many of the fish you have I also plan to stock in mine. I’m making sure all my parameters are stable prior to adding anymore fish or coral. Would love to use something else...
  8. D

EVB's Red Sea Max S 650 LED

I I was viewing your posts when I noticed a nice looking NOPOX Container I believe? If that is the case, where did you get it and how is it working for you?
  9. D

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

I so miss my time in Germany. But I know what you mean about the tv programs. I started my first saltwater tank while there. I was in Wiesbaden before returning to the states.
  10. D

LOL I can imagine missing parts of shows with your tank! You truly have inspired me.
  11. D

Fabulous tank and great pictures! What camera are you using to take your photos? I'm actually considering switching from Steves LED to the new RSM LED upgrade for my S-650. I'm liking the more open look.
  12. D

Strange Marks on Picasso Clowns?

Hello All, I have two clowns in quarantine after my display tank crashed and they are the only survivors. They have been in the 20 gallon tank since August. I checked the ammonia and it reads at 0 and I have have 0 nitrates and nitrites. Salinity is at 1.025. Any idea what this could be...
  13. D

Help with Over Dosed Reef Tank with NOPOX

Thanks all for the responses and recommendations. If there can be a light, my two clowns were doing great in my 20 gallon QT. This morning before leaving for work I happened to notice Lenny (my lawnmower blenny :yup:) in the tank and swimming around. I thought he was dead but so far he has...
  14. D

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Unfortunately this morning I woke to more dead shrimps and a multitude of dead bristle worms. Also my remaining anemones were almost dead so I removed them. It appears that 80 percent of my coral has died or is dying. There are a couple that are holding...
  15. D

So unfortunately only three fish remain (two picaso clowns and one lawnmower blenny). I also lost two of my fire shrimp and three anemone. This has been a disaster. I just hope the corals can recover. Just finished a water change and water is clearing up. phosphates are high (.346 ppm) all...