1. courterbobby

identify this

pix not working
  2. courterbobby

Anemones?

Anemone Hitch Hikers
  3. courterbobby

Quarantining other than fish

Time my friend... about 2 weeks minimum in QT for all inverts. You cannot expose shrimp, crabs, corals, nem, etc. to medication. Ick will die without its host
  4. courterbobby

Well you cannot see ick with the naked eye, unless it is in the cyst stage on the fish.... ick cannot survive without a fish, not an invert, a fish... I suggest reading through these http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/
  5. courterbobby

Inverts do not "carry" ick, but rather the water they are shipped in can contain the parasite. So you should QT all inverts as well. All it takes is not washing your hands between two tanks and you can possibly transfer the parasite.
  6. courterbobby

little help needed

Well I am going to guess that the niger trigger is the reason that the shrimp did not last. As far as the gobies... I have not a clue about them. Could be a predator, like a mantis or gorilla crab, or they could have jumped ship and a pet ate em (happened to me a few times).
  7. courterbobby

HELP ! everythings dying...i think ich??

A better brand would be seachem, but if I had the money to replace all of my kits I would go with salifert or elos. I can't tell you what is going on in your tank, but I do know how unreliable some kits are.
  8. courterbobby

anemone-like thing with white tips

Hidden Cup Coral maybe? i looked in your gallery and couldn't see anything but the rock Google Image Result for http://www.marlin.ac.uk/imgs/o_carsmi5.jpg
  9. courterbobby

Hobby? More like an addiction.

Deff a way of life like big al said... I spend so much time fiddling around with my tank stuff I don't realize the hours flying by... So interesting to sit and watch, then get on the forums and talk about it, then fidget around some more... My lawnmower blenny just started eating prepared food...
  10. courterbobby

I just went through a terrible ammonia spike in my tank from stirring up the sand bed. My API test was at 1ppm, but I took a sample into an lfs that I trust dearly and we used several different kits to test, and they all read around 2ppm. Even used the control water tests from other kits that...
  11. courterbobby

I just went through a terrible ammonia spike in my tank from stirring up the sand bed. My API test was at 1ppm, but I took a sample into an lfs that I trust dearly and we used several different kits to test, and they all read around 2ppm. Even used the control water tests from other kits that...
  12. courterbobby

Your Favorite Newbie "quotes"

Newbie: "My tank just finished cycling two weeks ago." Seasoned: "What are your parameters?" Newbie: "Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0" Seasoned: "How do you get your nitrates to undetectable levels?"
  13. courterbobby

What test kits are you using? It is highly unlikely that NO3 will ever read 0 especially in a tank that is 3 months old. Also what are you using to test your sg? Hydrometers seems fairly inaccurate (reason said is because awhile back my water tested 1.022 with one and it was actually 1.030...
  14. courterbobby

black perc vs. yellowstripe clingfish

I say go with the clown... get a pair! I have a b/w clown pair and they are a hoot! I could sit and watch them all day while they clean their piece of tile, flash around in the sand, and visit their neighbors around the tank. Oh I didn't see 8gallon tank... only one in that case
  15. courterbobby

August 2010 POTM VOTING!

Someone hit mine too! Woot! And this time I didn't vote for myself!