Recent content by COMMANDO

1. COMMANDO

HELP! Small Pump for Chiller to fit in Red Sea Max C-250

Hi All Just a quick query - has anyone managed to find a suitable pump for a chiller to fit into the rear of the Red Sea Max C-250 (or RSM 250 model) in the compartment designated for this purpose? The issue seems to be the size of the space as it is limited to approximately 10cm (L) x 10cm...
  2. COMMANDO

Getting My Feet Wet - My Red Sea Max C-250

DAY 46 Still no sign of Elvis (day 6 after disappearance) so I am going to assume that he no longer lives :( Parameters for today: Temperature - 26.6 'C (a bit warm here in the African bush this week) Salinity - 1.025 (has been steady since day 1, with slight RODI water top ups each day)...
  3. COMMANDO

HELP! RedSea Max 250 help

This may be a good question for @RedSeaKev ... but in my personal opinion I would not remove it. I have a RSM C-250 and wouldn't do it (I would also love the extra breathing room). It not only supports the middle, but provides most of the support for the front of the tank.
  4. COMMANDO

Today is DAY 44... time for a quick update: Managed to get the bacterial bloom (mulm) under control by reducing the NoPoX dosing by 50%. All parameters are still stable, although seems like it will take a while to get nitrates to the level that I want them to be. Since the last post I have...
  5. COMMANDO

Someone on another forum has advised me that they believe the 'algae' to be some form of bacteria or bacterial mulm (waste) buildup... any opinions on this (it just seems a lot more 'stringy' than photos I have seen of mulm)? Yesterday I started to aquavac as much as possible and I will be...
  6. COMMANDO

So I added an extra piece of eggcrate support (so now the sponge is supported below on the front and back). I also suspect that the algae that I am experiencing may actually be the culprit in this as I think the excess of it does clog the sponges to a degree which then causes the buildup of...
  7. COMMANDO

Thanks @Pat24601 ... you won't believe it, but one of the pipes again came loose minutes after I posted this (Murphy's Law!). You see, the eggcrate that I put under the sponge only supports the back side of it. The front of the sponge actually pushed down on the pump and dislodged the pipe...
  8. COMMANDO

Today the tank has been running for four weeks... that's right... DAY 28. It has been a while, so here is what has happened the past two weeks since posting: I added the first members of the CUC. I kept it small for now as my tank did not have a major algae bloom, so I only added 3 snails and...
  9. COMMANDO

Patrick's RSM C-250 : Part III

I agree with @Danreef ... think twice about that corner. The "perfect" spot for my C-250 would have been in a corner with a wall at the back and on one side. I decided against this and now use the tank as a 'room divide' and am able to access it from all four sides, definitely was the right...
  10. COMMANDO

So yesterday was the tank's TWO WEEK anniversary with parameters as follows after a 5% water change: Temp 26.0'C Salinity 1.025 PH 8.2 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 20 KH 6.5 I am still a bit concerned with the level of nitrate in the tank as I am following the Red Sea Reef Mature Pro Kit and it...
  11. COMMANDO

So today is DAY 10 of cycling. I am still following the Red Sea Reef Mature Pro kit and herewith my parameters: Temp 26.5'C Salinity 1.025 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 20 I also administered the following Red Sea products as per the regime: 10ml Bacto-Start 10ml Nitro Bac 6ml NoPoX 10ml KH...
  12. COMMANDO

Update on parameters for today (Day 7 of cycling) after a 5% water change: Temp 26.31'C Salinity 1.025 PH 8.2 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 10 As per Red Sea Reef Mature regime added the following today: 20ml Bacto-Start 10ml Nitro Bac 6ml NoPoX 10ml KH Coralline Gro (maintaining KH at 8.4) So...
  13. COMMANDO

Thanks for the input, guys. Red Sea Kev advised that if my parameters are per the Red Sea Reef Mature regime then I am on track and can continue following it. I am in no rush at all as I reside very far from a LFS (nearest one is over 3hrs drive)... So not much temptation (lol). My ammonia and...
  14. COMMANDO

HELP! Red Sea Reef Mature Pro Kit

Thanks for the advice guys. Just seems that either my tank has cycled very quickly, or it is going to enter a second cycle. My ammonia was 0.8 and nitrite 0.1 on day 3/4, both are now on zero and it is only day 5/6. Nitrates were 10 on day 3 and are now 20. The numbers are almost exactly as what...
  15. COMMANDO

HELP! Red Sea Reef Mature Pro Kit

Thanks for the input. I am in no rush at all... I live so far away from my LFS so there is no temptation (over 3hrs drive). Just concerned as to how strict I must be when following the Red Sea schedule. Update on parameters for Day 5 (testing not required per RS kit for today, but taken...