Recent content by cmontgomery

1. cmontgomery

55 Gallon 2 weeks old

Yes. I have talked to several people that tell me it will gro nicely that way.
  2. cmontgomery

Updated tank pics

looks great
  3. cmontgomery

55 Gallon 2 weeks old

Just updated some pics. After 4 weeks I still have not seen even a trace of Nitrates. http://www.redstoneinc.com/55_gallon_tank_project.htm
  4. cmontgomery

Reefer Thanks for 2005

I am just thankful I have happy and healthy kids
  5. cmontgomery

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Nobody in the NFC has a chance. The AFC has much more dominent teams. I beleive either Indy or Denver will win. Not saying that because I root for either team, I am actualy (unfortunately) a Ram and Raider fan.
  6. cmontgomery

Active Carbon

good stuff, thanks
  7. cmontgomery

55 Gallon 2 weeks old

Thanks, I wish I would have done it to my 100 gallon. I will do this on any tanks I do from this point. It will be fun to look back in a year and see the changes.
  8. cmontgomery

Active Carbon

If you have no sump, do you float it or do you need to use a canister filter?
  9. cmontgomery

Active Carbon

I hate to be a pain, but What I am realy trying to find out is what is the gain in using the active carbon? Thanks everyone for participating.
  10. cmontgomery

Active Carbon

Not sure how to edit the poll. Also why do you run the carbon?
  11. cmontgomery

Active Carbon

I have never run active carbon on any of my tanks. I just wanted to see how many people do and why.
  12. cmontgomery

55 Gallon 2 weeks old

Thanks, got it running now :)
  13. cmontgomery

55 Gallon 2 weeks old

Thanks, You are probably right. I was leaving it go for a little while so I could at least star growing some of the benificial bacteria in the tank.
  14. cmontgomery

55 Gallon 2 weeks old

Check out my pics on my site. Tank is starting to look great. I have not turned on the skimmer yet, I think I will wait until week 4. http://www.redstoneinc.com/55_gallon_tank_project.htm