Recent content by CMG

1. CMG

bangaii cardinal

Is it a Dalmatian cardinal fish? Just kidding, yeah pictures would help. Also check out the fish disease sticky's section.
  2. CMG

temp and liverock question??

I got an aqua controller Jr. for around $120 ish a few years back, not sure what they go for now but thats way cheaper than a chiller. The controller allows you to work anything plugged into it on an "if then" basis like back in the day in science class when we used to make a hypothesis, haha...
  3. CMG

Vehicle LED's

Hey all, I was driving along today and saw one of the newer audi's driving the other direction. They have the LED headlights along the bottom of the lgiht that make a little "wave" and a thought came to mind: "Could one use the LED's from a vehicle to light their tank?" The reason I ask...
  4. CMG

Want To Buy Live Rock

Thanks for the offer but I already placed an order on some at the end of last month right before the three of you pm'd me! haha. Just my luck. I will let you know if something falls through on my order.
  5. CMG

Reptile Pad vs. Aquarium Heater

OK, thank you emma! Its good to get all of this info ahead of time!
  6. CMG

Want To Buy Live Rock

Holy Cow! Thats expensive! I bought my LR for my 40g from exoticfish.com or Jeffs Exotic fish and it was $1.99lb back then about 2 years ago. I guess that website is gone now so I am trying to track down their other store.
  7. CMG

Want To Buy Live Rock

I am starting a nano tank that is 7.5 gallons so I am trying to find someone who has any live rock to sell in small quantities like 15lbs? I cant seem to find anyone selling less than 30-40lbs min.. I want to get some that already has coraline algae on it. My zip is 95403 if your willing to...
  8. CMG

Gooood point about the weight. I was trying to think of a way to raise the tank a bit maybe under the four corners and the center....just thinking about it. Most likely I will end up pushing the tank almost all the way up against a all on my counter and then place the heating pad on that...
  9. CMG

Has anyone used a reptile heating pad on a nano tank? I am working on a 12x12x12 nano and I wanted it to look really clean (no wires) so I was thinking of slapping a heat pad underneath the tank on the stand. I have done a lot of research on the internet and have only found a picture of one...
  10. CMG

50g FOWLR Setup

Well I broke down my salt water tank like last may. I moved it 45 miles north, then 30 miles south to my new apartment. Then changed apartments in the same complex twice! haha. So after the second move I just broke it down and gave everything to the LFS. I then several months later created a 10g...
  11. CMG

The 2.5 is ALIVE!

Very Nice! Are those LED's a DIY project? I am curious as I would like to use LED's on my nano...
  12. CMG

The 3 Gallon Experiment

Corals will grow at that low of a temp? I am interested in this as I just bought a Mr Aqua 12x12x12 from marine depot and if I can get away with not using a heater that would be great as I do not want cords hanging out of it....
  13. CMG

Want your opinion on LED lighting!

So does this mean if I have a 12x12x12 inch tank I cannot use the 1w LED's even though it is pretty shallow? I have one on order and am researching lights right now. I would like to hang 2 LED strips, one white and one blue for LPS's.....
  14. CMG

Nano Reef Lighting

Well I found out just now that the tank is on back order! AAA, oh well, that gives me more time to find a light and to also find a place that sells live rock without a min order of 25lbs! haha.
  15. CMG

Nano Reef Lighting

Thanks guys. Those viper lights look like clamp on's. I was really hoping to find something I could hang from my ceiling.