Recent content by chum

1. chum

Hey from Hamilton, OH

Hi Greg, Hope you keep your tank happy. Do your two tangs get along? Is the yellow tang the dominant one?
  2. chum

Mistakes You've Made

Hi, living in PA for the past 10 years, never gave me problems with too much heat, until this past hot spell when I found upon returning home in the evening that the house temp and consequently the water temp was over 90.:flame: I never experienced a tank crash before, so, am still healing from...
  3. chum

Anybody keeps non-photosynthetic corals and will talk shop?

Love those sun corals. I have two colonies which have survived over 3 years and are doing great on being target fed about twice weekly. I have to wait until they are extended, usually after feeding a little brine shrimp in the tank, they come alive. Then i turn the current and lights off and...
  4. chum

Mistakes You've Made

Recently I added a strong powerhead to increase the current for the xenias. It was so powerful that it blew my sweet litle mandarin fish to extinction. :dummy: All other fish are surviving the current, but I don't think the mushrooms like it too much. -- the xenias are thriving like weeds--
  5. chum

What makes corals GROW?

JT101, Have you tried pulsating xenia? It can grow fast like a weed, given the right conditions of light, current, etc. I have a problem with the corals growing too fast... They seem to be motivated to grow fast to take over territory so that they can get the most light and shade out their...
  6. chum

I want another Christmas Tree for Christmas

I believe these are a type of leather coral, like a cross between a finger leather and a sea rod. They do not contain symbiotic algae and so should be kept in moderate to dim light intensity. Nilsen in Reef Secrets says they are difficult to feed and keep for a longer period of time and tend...
  7. colt coral June 2007

colt coral June 2007

8. colt coral June 2007

colt coral June 2007

9. pulsating xenia June 2007

pulsating xenia June 2007

10. pulsating xenia June 2007

pulsating xenia June 2007

11. 65 gal 24" deep June 2007

65 gal 24" deep June 2007

12. Green Tongue Plate Coral

Green Tongue Plate Coral