Recent content by ChrisOaty

1. ChrisOaty

210 Gallon Reef

Jealousy consumes me...
  2. ChrisOaty

Auto Top Off Help!

Thanks Dave! That was an assumption of mine, I'm glad you came to the same conclusion. The leads are fairly thin so I questioned whether they were supposed to be placed within the house circuit. I'm super weary of using it now. If it malfunctions, I'll have water on my carpet and my salinity...
  3. ChrisOaty

Auto Top Off Help!

Hi guys, just finished soldering up my float switch to an extension cord for my fill pump. I'm using a 5 gallon bucket in my cabinet. Testing the switch with a light bulb I ran into a problem. The light was off when the float was up (so far, so good), and turned on when I let it drop to within a...
  4. ChrisOaty

Auto Top off Container???

Hi guys, just finished soldering up my float switch to an extension cord for my fill pump. Just using a 5 gallon bucket in my cabinet. Testing the switch with a light bulb I ran into a problem. The light was off when the float was up (so far, so good), and turned on when I let it drop to...
  5. ChrisOaty

Harlequin Tusk

gorgeous fish though. If you can get the clam and fish at the same time, you could quarantine them together. That way if he nips right away, you can figure out what you want to do before it becomes tougher to catch him. =]
  6. ChrisOaty

really quick question:)

You will not be able to keep your temps down with 150 watts of MH on that small of a tank. T5 or LEDs are really your only option on a tank that small.
  7. ChrisOaty

Looking for carbon reactor

I don't have one for sale...but check out BRS...awesome reactors and some great carbon + gfo for very reasonable prices. Good guys too.
  8. ChrisOaty

Using Philips LEDs for fish tank?

Are you positive about this Sas? I was always under the impression that less diodes with higher wattage is not only more efficient but much better for light penetration. :willis:
  9. ChrisOaty

Starting over with 15L

no exception needed http://mraqua.net/products/frameless-aquariums/ma-720-glass-aquarium/ marine depot sells them online and on mr. aqua website they list a bunch of brick and mortar stores that retail their products. good tanks. my next tank will probably be a cube from them.
  10. ChrisOaty

Plumbing Design Help

i lub my rs famiry
  11. ChrisOaty

Starting over with 15L

» MA-120, Glass Aquarium they're pretty inexpensive too. marine depot has mr. aqua tanks i believe.
  12. ChrisOaty

Is Chuck in danger?

Trust in the Squatch. Make sure you're not running your carbon in the tank you plan to medicate.
  13. ChrisOaty

Just had the best reaction.

When my ex moved into her place last year she thought the neighbors were doing some crazy science experiments every night. Hah, when I came by one night I told her it was just some guy with a 20k MH over his reef.
  14. ChrisOaty

QuietOne 4000 - Junk?

Yeah, I know my plumbing is restrictive. I'd rather use some sort of flexible tube but the clear plastic stuff at 1" is not flexible at all. Also, I know it didn't sound like it from my video, (maybe I'll try making another one) but the pump is just as noisy without the plumbing attached...
  15. ChrisOaty

QuietOne 4000 - Junk?

Maybe that's my problem, pipe resistance. I've got the water coming up about 1.5 feet then a 90 deg, another foot across, then another 90 degree, then 2.5 feet up to another 1" to 3/4" 90 degree. Then the water is split from a 3/4" to two 1/2" lines going to the left and right of the tank, each...