Recent content by chrism

1. C

Angel in Reef Tank

Thanks Nowellsy he's my favourite
  2. C

Angel in Reef Tank

Thanks for the comments. I have to agree with you Michael about fish being semi reef safe, I have a fox face who occasionally decides to nip on a few corals, even my purple tang is not totally guilt free.
  3. C

Carpet Anemone

Hi Eric No, as far as I'm aware it's not eaten anything that it shouldn't, the female clownfish usually keeps all other tank occupants at bay (she's very feisty with anything that gets close)
  4. C

Carpet Anemone

Thanks for the kind responses. The Anemone is about 12" across but's always shaped in folds so it's quite dissicult to say with any real accuracy.
  5. C

Angel in Reef Tank

Hi there The angel has been in the tank for about a year and a half, he never touches soft or sps corals, but I'm not too sure yet about lps. He is extremely easy to look after and feed and is gorgeous as well, what more can I want of a fish?
  6. C

Angel in Reef Tank

Not the best photo ever, but definitely one of the best fish in my reef.
  7. C

Carpet Anemone

I thought you all might like to see this latest photo of my beautiful green Carpet Anemone (Stichodactyla Haddoni) which is home to my breeding pair of clowns (only female showing on this pic). I've had the anemone now for 2 years and it is doing very well so far. Hope you all like the pic.
  8. 2 year old Carpet Anemone

2 year old Carpet Anemone

9. C

Powerheads

I have a pair of MPW40's and they are amazing. I can't vouch for the reliability as I've not had them long enough.
  10. C

Mugshot thread!

Thanks for the compliments...I think it must be clean living that keeps me looking young...lots of alcohol, cigarettes and (can I say sex on here)
  11. C

Mugshot thread!

Hello all and nice pics. I,m not too sure about posting a pic of myself though...who wants to look at a 60 year old Englishman....but here goes..hope you're not too horrified lol.
  12. C

Help!!! Xenia is taking over my reef

Thanks for the replies. The idea of taking the rock and soaking in fw isn't really parctical as there is a lot of other stuff growing on them (including a large plating Montipora) which has welded several pieces of rock together, the rock was mainly from my previous reef, but I didn't have any...
  13. C

Help!!! Xenia is taking over my reef

hello from England. Has anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of Xenia from a reef tank. I've tried all I can think of including cutting, scraping and siphoning, and even injecting with the same stuff you use for killing aiptasia, but it just keeps coming back happier and healthier than ever...
  14. C

Tank 6 months old

Hello, The tank is now 9 months pld and I though it was time to put a few coral pics on here.
  15. C

Strange.............

6 months ago I bought 5 Anthias (Pseudanthias Squamipinnis) as juvenile ie all females. The largest and most aggressive soon changed into a male (and very beautiful he is too) and all was well. 3 weeks ago the second largest female became more aggressive than usual and she is now a he. My...