Recent content by Charlie97L

1. C

Getting that last inch of water/sand out

i don't think a book would hold up a 90 gallon without damaging the book. but thanks all for the tips... i'll let you know how it works out. :)
  2. C

gotcha. thanks for the suggestions guys... i think i have a trash can big enough that it won't overflow... i'm tearing it down to sell, so i would like it to be totally empty. i'll also grab a beach shovel, that's a great suggestion. its only about 1/4 inch of sand and 3/4" of...
  3. C

i'm breaking down my 90 before i move this weekend, and i'm stuck for how to get that last inch of water/sand out of the bottom of the tank? anyone have any suggestions? thanks! charlie
  4. C

Andy's 8 Gallon BioCube

well, the temp is definitely something to consider now, and deal with now. i mean, next year, if you still have this tank up, and are living in the same place, it'll be 85 again... and if you're just waiting for temps to come down, well, it's a time bomb until next year. :) i believe that...
  5. C

Billyr98's Real Upgrade! 450g Starphire Custom Reef Tank!

how is that point support holding up? i know there was some concern about that early in the thread. :) looks awesome!
  6. C

My first tank, 450 L

looks awesome! great work... 2 things... one, you should be able to put that hammer in high flow... all coral generally can take more flow than we give them credit for... as long as it's not, like RIGHT in front of a powerhead, you should be fine. also, it's great to see your sailfin and...
  7. C

Ricordia: Rare, or just expensive?

i got a rock full of the pink/purple yumas on the first page for 35... had about 20, ranging from nickel sized to bigger than my hand. it really depends on who is selling... something high demand like this, well, a lot of local guys are generous. i think, really, it's a fad thing...
  8. C

Charlie97L's 40 Breeder System

dang it... well i woke up this morning and my fungia had moved on top of one of my acan frags. looks like it's gonna die. all but one half of one head is left. gar! on the upside, i've ordered my overflows, and am picking up the 40g and the live rock for it this weekend.
  9. C

going Reefing a lil' bigger

how does the BTA look? it likely split due to the stress of being moved. what lights are you using? i'd like to hear more about your equipment! looks great! btw, i had a g3, and for a tank your size, i'd go with a modded g4, minimum, espcially if you are planning on adding more fish.
  10. C

well, i shot some pics in the holding tank to tide you all over... (i know SOME people are reading this, even if no one is posting. :)). i couldn't get the white balance right... i got a new camera and am still working things out. some of the shots are very indicative of the coral color...
  11. C

everything live is over into the holding tank after a salt-filled afternoon! my tangs have gone to their new home in a local guy's large sps reef, they went together, so i feel good about that. they have a gorgeous new home. i finished cleaning out the 90 of animals, and moved a few...
  12. C

Ok, here are some pics of my highly stressed blastos, micros, and an acan. there are a few zoas in the tank, too, but they're closed right now. *sigh*... i feel i got off lucky on my air conditioning disaster/mini-crash (happened 2 weeks ago), i lost obviously all my sps except for 2 frags...
  13. C

Thoughts on what fish to get.....

that picture you posted is of a juvenile pygmy angel too. remember, these fish grow... mostly in the LFS they are the equivalent of toddlers. i've seen that species get 4" before, which is way too big for a 24g with other fish. i just don't see how it's a good selection. despite their...
  14. C

Chronicle to Christopher's 1st Reef Adventure!

Re: Yes! Everybody who likes new pics of a new tank weekly, but really, you should eventually get in the habit of doing it yourself... it depends on what test kits the LFS use, and often (at least in my experience), they don't test for things like calcium, which is crucial to coral health...
  15. C

Considering a BioCube 8Gl, who has one?

nice find! i snapped one up for 99 on a special last week. i'm going to do a planted tetra tank with it, though, i don't think i could keep up with 2 reefs right now. looking forward to the chronicle!