Recent content by Charlie and Abigail

1. Charlie and Abigail

HELP! Best skimmer for a 32g Biocube

Francine it works much better with the different air pump. Still not getting black yucky stuff out but then again my nitrates are low and everything else is testing well so maybe I don’t have a lot of waste in the tank! Thanks for the tip Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Charlie and Abigail

Francine, thanks I will definitely give it a try!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Charlie and Abigail

Found fish in back of tank

Good news bad news scenario. Found a fish that I thought had died in the back area of my tank. That’s the good news. The bad news is this is the second time I’ve had a fish make it to the back part of my tank. I have a kid on it and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how they are making...
  4. Charlie and Abigail

HELP! Starting a Fuge in a 32g Biocube

Oh really good news we only lost one fish! When cleaning out my media chamber from nitrate rocks and changing my phosguard I found my Royal Gramma! It had been in the back part of my tank for about a month or so!!!! Can not believe it is still alive. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Charlie and Abigail

Uncle99 -70g rebuild

Hi Dave, explain the dry rock versus live rock? Why dry rock over live rock? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Charlie and Abigail

Long time since last post, need some advice!

I also have a bio cube 32 and would recommend buying something a little bigger. You will be very limited to the fish you can purchase with a tank that’s not 55-75 gallons or at the 32 gallons. The tank itself is great and haven’t had any issues with it. It cycled quickly and I was starting...
  7. Charlie and Abigail

Long time since last post, need some advice!

When I had my algea problem I cut down my lights by about half. Try going to 4-5 hours for a few days and see what happens to the algea. You will need to also get a snail or a few of them to help eat the algea that’s currently in the tank. Good luck! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Charlie and Abigail

Dad and daughter tank

Anyway to keep some of my frags alive during the process of lowering the phosphates? I started carbon dosing, continuing phosguard, and did a 10gallon water change which I do weekly. How long will the rocks leach phosphates? Once the phosphates are out of the rock will this happen again or...
  9. Charlie and Abigail

Dad and daughter tank

My LFS measured my water parameters. I measure and track nitrates, nitrites, ammonium, salinity, and of course water temp. 0 nitrite .04 nitrates had been running .1-.2 so cut feeding and now its handled. 0 ammonium 78.2 water temp Phosphates all of a sudden jumped up to .5 so got some...
  10. Charlie and Abigail

Dad and daughter tank

Thanks for the advice. Busy time at work and been fighting a phosphate issue. Has to be leeching from the live rock is what my LFS is telling me. I’m currently dosing with phosguard but it’s not helping much. My phosphates are at 50-60 and I’m doing weekly water changes. Anyone have any...
  11. Charlie and Abigail

Dad and daughter tank

Sorry been off. Closing out work year. Having some issues with tank. Both my wife and kid were feeding the fish causing high nitrates and have lost 2 fish now. Our royal gramma and our damsel. Clown and Bengai seem to be on. Starting to get water parameters back in order and lost my red...
  12. Charlie and Abigail

Favorite phosphate test kit

Uncle how do you rinse your frozen shrimp to just get the shrimp. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Charlie and Abigail

Thanks Dave...I was hoping to try and grow some macro Algae. Heard it was good for keeping nitrates down and that it was something I could also turn around and sell to my LFS. I’ll check into an algae scrubber but I don’t really have an algae issue. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Charlie and Abigail

Have a small Biocube 32g tank with an even smaller coralife Skimmer that fits in chamber 1 while allowing me to close my lid without having to modify anything. My skimmer doesn’t seem to be zeroing out my nitrates. That being said my skimmer doesn’t seem to pull much out either. I only need to...
  15. Charlie and Abigail

I’ve always fought nitrates in my 32g BioCube. I would like to get maceoalgae going in my tank but not sure I have the room. In chamber 1 I have my protein skimmer Chamber 2 my stock media chamber- Top houses my horizontal heater & 2 pieces of black sponge, 2nd level has 2 pieces of green...