Recent content by Carloz

1. C

FW water quality

Once things are up and running i might take a sample of my water source to get tested just to get an idea of what is in it. As you previously mentioned DaveK there might be something in there that the RO is treating. In any case thanks for all the insightful help.
  2. C

FW water quality

if it was chloramine wouldnt that also affect me and my family when showering? Or do you mean low quantities safe enough for humans but dangerous or lethal to fish? I know theyre different but the tap water does read 0 on the chlorine.
  3. C

FW water quality

It makes sense. I must say when i first got into the hobby it was by accident slashed pushed into it because i bought a 120 gallon tank for my turtles and the guy who sold it to me gave me all the fish as well. Most were feeder fish but the 3 dot gourami is the only one that survived and is...
  4. C

FW water quality

Well when i would do the water changes i would test the water before i did the changes and it would read over 200 ppm and unless i did full water changes i would not get 80 ppm nitrate reading. I would do 50% water changes and still get a reading of over 100 ppm. And obviously such huge water...
  5. C

FW water quality

awesome thank you. i will take a look at both web sites you recommended. The main reason i switched to RODI water is because I was certain my fish were dying because of the high nitrates. Ever since i switched to RODI water i havent had a single fish die. but wanted to get more info in case i...
  6. C

FW water quality

So my tap water is high in nitrate over 80 ppm i went ahead and got an RODI system because obviously I couldnt get my Nitrate under 80. I am using Seachem Replenish to get some of the necessary minerals back. Will that be enough for my FW tanks? I have a 50 gallon with dwarf gourami a single...