Recent content by Captain Nemo

1. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

OK. I now realize I can´t continue with this Juwel 3.0-skimmer. It´s placed inside the tank but it produces an immense volume of microbubbles. Every possible tuning with the air valve has been tried out. But no. The darn thing won´t budge! So. Does anyone have a recommendation on a external...
  2. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

Hi Cat and everyone else! I sold my RSM for £2500 here in Norway a while back. I have a new tank now. I found out that I would try a trigonomic-shaped tank and put it in a vacant corner of my living room. That said, you know it´s NOT a RSM-tank. Soooo...I might not be in the right spot...
  3. Captain Nemo

RSM 250 Chiller Pump

Hey Fcrab! I use a Boyu 1/8 hp chiller, and I use the stock pump that goes with the smaller circulation in my RSM 250. I reckon that does the job quite nicely, given that the amount of water that passes through my chiller has got to have time to chill down. To large a pump and the water won´t...
  4. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

Yeah, it´s like you gotta ask yourself from time to time why you initially were put on this planet. People up to no good for other people: Go find yourself another planet!!
  5. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

Thank you very much Iain, Andrew, Cat and Glenn for your comforting words! I will forward this to everyone I know. Everyone in Norway really appreciates the compassionate thought coming in from throughout the world. We grieve the loss and injuries of our fellow countrymen. Me and my family...
  6. Captain Nemo

Perefect parameters? Equipment in a 130

But the tube from the ozone generator goes into the chamber that feeds the skimmer pump (the chamber with the default valve for adjustment of air). But you suggests that I should connect the two together using a separate valve, if I understand you correctly, Terry??
  7. Captain Nemo

Perefect parameters? Equipment in a 130

I got a TMC V2 Ozone generator, but I´m not sure wheter I´ve connected it the right way. I have put the tube from the ozone generator into the airchamber of the skimmer cup, while the tube down to the pump is connected as it ever was to the valve that adjusts the amount of air coming from this...
  8. Captain Nemo

RSM 250 stock skimmer tips

Hi Kay! This is me (probably being a bit slow, happens now and then!) wondering what you mean "on the side that back onto the DT..." What is the DT? This tip sounds promising, ridding me of that hum from the skimmer would be just fantastic!
  9. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

You ought to have more than two Chromis, Iain. I, for starters, have had 7, but chose to sell 3 due to lower the fishdensity. I´ve heard that people have had some issues with the Chromis, often due to that they are kept too low in numbers. I was advised to keep at least 4. So I did. How´s your...
  10. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

Thanks Nano! So do you find my tank dirty? ;) Well I have a little cyano due to lack of sufficient circulation. Nice tip on the cuc, but LFS in Norway doesn´t seem to sell such packs. Shame really...
  11. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

Hi Iain and thanks for your feedback! To be honest with you those aren´t regular damselfish at all, but a fish called Chromis viridis aka Blue-Green Reef Chromis. They do descend from the damslefish-family, yes, but these are not of the aggressive type at all, compared to the damsels you...
  12. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

Thanks alot, Terry! Great to have your feedback - I had absolutely no idea what type of coral I chucked in, I just got a couple of frags for free from a guy I bought the Bangai from, even he didn´t know what type of coral it was. I am going to rearrange my tank a bit - hopefully in a way that...
  13. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

A new video in HD from my tank. Been around and about for a few weeks now, but vacation time is here - YIIHAA!!!. To celebrate I have of course done what I promised - a brand new video of my tank. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9EgBKSrCAE
  14. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

I will post a video, Cat. :)
  15. Captain Nemo

Cap. Nemos RSM 250

Hi Roger, yes I´m using the stock skimmer. (Ser du bor på Stabekk, Roger. Vurderer å selge min RSM 250 med en god del ekstrautstyr. Så kjenner du noen som er interessert i et STRØKENT Pearly White RSM 250 Max med masse utstyr, så kan du jo gi lyd. Ekstrautstyr og akvatonisk/biologisk masse...