Recent content by bllfish

1. bllfish

WTB ZooMed Power Sweep Pumps

I don't have any but there should be a lot of them around.
  2. bllfish

Does anyone have a coral and invert only tank

If the ich has no host, they die. Can you move all of the fish to quarantine? The ich should die and when you replace your fish you should not have the ich problem again, if water parameters are good, fish are not stressed. This should not be an ongoing problem.
  3. bllfish

30" Coralife Delux Aqualight with legs

Thanks BigAl07:woohoo:
  4. bllfish

FS K2 Viper metal halide 150 watt light

any pix of the light? DUH I found them. Sorry
  5. bllfish

Reef Geek

Purchased my T5"s from Greg about 5 years ago and have bought my bulbs and other things from him since. His shipping is top notch, never cuts corners and I have never had a problem with any of his transactions. If you have any questions he always responds to emails and will even answer his phone.
  6. bllfish

Tank FS...

nice, but, I live in FL
  7. bllfish

Claic's 29 Gal. First Timer Tank - Please give me advice!

I would not add too much rock. The corals you buy will be attached to rock. You can always add more later if you need it. Your rock work looks good except for the one touching the glass. You might want to move that one. It is better to keep the rock off the glass. Easier to clean and better flow.
  8. bllfish

It was not meant as an insult. I am trying to figure out just how serious you are. Some of the questions you ask are answered in the books. Sorry if I offended you. I hate to see people jump into this hobby with little or no knowledge and after spending several hundred dollars, if they are...
  9. bllfish

+100 - Apparently you are not hearing what we are trying to tell you. YOU MUST start to read up on reef keeping and salt water tanks. You will not be ready for fish or corals for at least two months - got it two months. You just cannot buy a tank put some salt water in it and start putting in...
  10. bllfish

Maybe distilled water, better than tap but not as good as RO
  11. bllfish

Get this book: The New Marine Aquarium by Michael S. Paletta You should be able to get most of your questions answered and it is a good guide to being successful with your new tank.
  12. bllfish

Local fish store

What is the store name so others know not to waste their time or money.
  13. bllfish

Here is the thread. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/35659-my-learning-experience.html Tap water is not good to use in an aquarium because it contains a lot of additives the water company uses to purify water..??. Chlorine and stuff with names that seem to contain every...
  14. bllfish

The key to success in this hobby is research. If I were you I would stop everything and begin reading through the forums. You will save a lot of time and money by reading before buying. The tap water you are using will cause nothing but problems. Click on yungreefer2410 "my learning experience"...