Recent content by bgfrank213

1. B

Now my puffer is sick/blind? HELP. (pix)

Look for the replies by Paul D, he seems to know what he is talking about. The girl who originally started the thread: " How do I get a blind puffer to eat seems to have gotten her puffer back to good health, and from what I read she followed Paul Ds advice. Go check that out. In my case I...
  2. B

Ever since I got my puffer there seems to be this blotches if you can describe them, but he would see just fine before and come beg for food like a little puppy. Look for the thread: How do I get a blind puffer to eat. I just started feeding my puffer clams & earthworms as of yesterday. I am...
  3. B

Also search: how do I get a blind puffer to eat. I actually grab my puffer and hand feed him, and have been for the past week since he no longer sees, surprisingly he doesnt puff up. I guess since he is blind he knows Im feeding him. At first he may not want to eat so you will have to take...
  4. B

I have the same problem, there are posts on a thread. blind puffer search, you will find it. He may regain his vision. From what everyone tells me, its a vitamin deficiency unless you see white on his eyes. Im dealing with the same issue, Ive tried melafix= nothing happened. I was advised...
  5. B

How Do I Get a Blind Puffer to Eat?

I went down to the beach today and picked up snails, mussels, and seaweed for my tank. I also saw a tiny slug so I brought it with me as well and put them in the tank. I cut a mussel in half and gave it the Puffer, he ate it without any problems. There was a sea anemone that I grabbed and put...
  6. B

He ate the earthworm. Is it okay if I feed him earthworms everyday?
  7. B

Ill head down to the beach now and grab a few critters from the shoreline and some seaweed. The hermit crabs love the seaweed, and some tiny snails. Ill make sure to feed my puffer a few earthworms today. He only eats when I hand feed him.
  8. B

Yes I live in Southern California. I have earthworms in my garden, and read your thread on worms as well. Would earthworms from my garden be okay or do they specifically have to be blackworms that are purchased? I was wondering if I go to the beach and find small snails, break them open and...
  9. B

Would there be a problem if I grab snails and hermit crabs from the beach and put them in my tank. I have done this before and both the snails and hermit crabs have done just fine. My puffer would enjoy chewing on the tiny snails, spit them out and then go back and chew on them.
  10. B

Thanks Paul. I will get him some clams and hand feed him like I have been doing. He doesn't puff up when I grab him so at least I'm not stressing him out when I feed him. Is there anything else you recommend? What type of worms? Should I buy clams from the store? Can I feed him mussels from the...
  11. B

Porcupine Puffer gone Blind

I feed him dried shrimp, krill, Sally's marine cuisine, live goldfish, and he would eat some of my hermit crabs. I would also get tiny snails which he would enjoy. Now that he can't see I haven't had to buy any hermit crabs to keep the same number of cleaners.
  12. B

Thanks for the quick reply Paul. I have used Melafix and Herbtana for 2 weeks and although he seems in better spirits he still cant see. I have thrown live guppies which he would normally devour in seconds but its pretty clear he is blind. Aside from feeding him clams is there anything else...
  13. B

I grab my puffer, and feed him dried shrimp or other frozen food. If hes hungry he will eat it otherwise he spits it out. He/She, I dont know its a he or a she, never puffs up when I grab him. It seems like he expects me to grab to feed him since he is blind. Any advice you have I would...
  14. B

How did their sight return? What did you do? I grab my puffer, and feed him dried shrimp or other frozen food. If hes hungry he will eat it otherwise he spits it out. He/She, I dont know its a he or a she, never puffs up when I grab him. It seems like he expects me to grab to feed him since...
  15. B

Thanks Im anxiously awaiting some good news, and great advice on getting my Puffer back to normal.