Recent content by BEELZEBOB

1. BEELZEBOB

The 5g pico that broke into a 17g nano!

The fire fish seem to be able to hold their own/ made friends with my pistol. The and my little shrimp goby often all cram together under the rockwork with the pistol shrimp lol.
  2. BEELZEBOB

Tank Update! Things are good. Although, my pistol shrimp is kind of a dick. He sniped a nassarius snail, 2 bumblebee shrimp, and a court jester goby. I still love him despite his expensive snacking. Then here are some progression pics.
  3. BEELZEBOB

So. I gotta say, Fritzzyme Turbo start rocks. I purchased 20 LBS of LR from "A Purple Reef" and was able to set up the entire system 5/14. Fritz Turbo Start suggests 1oz per 25 gallons of their nitrifying bacteria solution. My little system is about 23-25 gallons between the sump and...
  4. BEELZEBOB

Not Cycling yet... I have to regulate the funds around the wife LOL. I will probably have rock and lights and the cycle started in the next 2 weeks or so. Right now I am just letting it sit, checking for leaks, issues and measuring my daily evaporation. The Chinese seller backed out of the...
  5. BEELZEBOB

just received sand (Reef Flakes), a jabeo wp-10, and a 24w par38 fuge light. I also acquired 4 7gallon water jugs that i can squeeze a little powerhead into for ro/di and WCs. Next up will be LR and my light. Getting pumped.
  6. BEELZEBOB

Well it works! I need to add 4" to my downpours so that its completely silent (hense the ball valves on the ends.) Also need to add a check valve to the return line, as the return was drilled 5" below the rim. it back siphons pretty bad LOL. Now I just need my light and a heater. I hope to...
  7. BEELZEBOB

I made mini filter socks!!
  8. BEELZEBOB

Got my plumbing all laid out this weekend. Waiting on my return pump, and hope to have it running a FW trial this weekend. I plan on ordering my light this Friday (payday). If all goes well, I will get salt sand and live rock and start the cycle by the second week in April.
  9. BEELZEBOB

So I had a beautiful little 5 gallon rimless tank that I had made for a SPS pico. I spent a weekend some time ago converting a dresser into a stand for it, drilling it etc. I felt really good about it and left it all out on the deck overnight aaand... The gods smited me with a sudden windstorm...
  10. BEELZEBOB

Pico overflow...

Thanks man! I just shot them an email about potentially doing a custom fab for my dinky little tank. However, the more and more I am reading, part of me is now leaning towards buying a 25gallon drum to mix and store water for a WC routine. I found a dinky little limewood skimmer that will fit...
  11. BEELZEBOB

5 gallon SPS pico.

What about this little guy? http://www.marineandreef.com/Kessil_Tuna_Blue_A80_LED_Light_p/rke34114.htm The problem I am running into in going for a sps dominant pico is that the lights are either WAY too powerful, or not powerful enough.
  12. BEELZEBOB

5 gallon SPS pico.

Looking at LED options for a mini SPS reef. These are my 2 top contenders right now. Please if you can offer any suggestions or critiques on the potentials, I'd appreciate it. https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/nano-light-touch/#reviews https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/nano-lite/
  13. BEELZEBOB

Chipmunk's 10g Office Tank

I think I remember this guy from a time long ago :yup: