Recent content by Barnacle Dave

1. Barnacle Dave

~Nov '05 Contest VOTING~

Nice photos everyone.... Good luck.
  2. Barnacle Dave

Tell Us Your Biggest Mistake

First big tank and didn't know I was suppose to level it. Secondly I used crushed coral and tried to change it out to sand. Thirdly - Buying a bio ball sump that barely held a return pump and a cheap skimmer. When I could have use my 2 gallon tank that was just sitting doing nothing...
  3. Barnacle Dave

~November '05 Photo Contest~

OK what comes around goes around. We have seen a starfish eatting a shrimp photo here, so here is a Shrimp eatting a startfish photo. Mother nature plays an evil game don't ya think? .
  4. Harlequin Shrimp feasting on a Starfish

Harlequin Shrimp feasting on a Starfish

Harlequin Shrimp feasting on a Starfish. The Harlequin shrimp will only eat a starfish and nothing else. His shovel like front claws are forced under the starfish and he begins to eat as he flips the starfish over onto it's back so it will not get away.
  5. Barnacle Dave

Let's see your zo collection

File size is small T.
  6. Barnacle Dave

August's Photo Contest

My Harlequin shrimp waiting for your high priced star fish to dine on. :drooool:
  7. Harlequin Shrimp

Harlequin Shrimp

Since my shrimp will not come out and play today so I can get a better photo of him, here is one I took 7/5/05. :)
  8. Barnacle Dave

What is your in tank TDS reading?

That is exactly what I said. If I see the DI needing changed sooner then normal then I will know so there is no reason to check the out put of the RO when you keep a close eye on the out put of the DI.
  9. Barnacle Dave

So long as my out put is zero I really don't care what the ro reading is. If the filters and di was just changed not long ago and I was getting a reading on the TDS then I would know the membrane would be needing replaced. But in 3 years I have never had an issue and change filters out along...
  10. Barnacle Dave

I must have got my typhoon membrane from Walter before he switched over? Tap water is 256 TDS range and after the membrane and DI it is zero. I have the 100 GPD membrane and it is still going strong for over 3 years now.I have 2 TDS meters and both read the same. ZERO.
  11. Barnacle Dave

Fans vs heat...

Fans blowing into the canopy will always be cooler then blowing outwards.
  12. Zoo Frags

Zoo Frags

13. Pink Spotted Goby

Pink Spotted Goby

14. New Zoo

New Zoo

15. New Zoos

New Zoos