Recent content by bankonit

1. bankonit

Full-Tank Friday!

Here's my photo
  2. bankonit

Need suggestion for a custom build 55 or 75 gal.

The tank is in. We are cycling this 75 gallon system. On a later post, I will explain the setup and post photos. Thanks to all who offered advice.
  3. bankonit

Thanks Dave K and all for your advice. Reef Sanctuary is a wonderful source of expertise, counting on passionate hobbyists who are willing to share their opinions and advice. I landed on a 75 gallon tank. I am working with a LFS and we've had several consultations in which we've adjusted the...
  4. bankonit

re: Need suggestion for a custom build 55 or 75 gal. Hi - would you please rename this thread title for me? Since then, I've talked to our LFS and they can do a build for a 75 gallon for the cost of a RSM 250s, so I would be interested to know what to expect or demand. Thanks!
  5. bankonit

re: Need suggestion for a custom build 55 or 75 gal. Thanks for your reply, nano. I noted in your reef chronicle you have a RSM 250. I thought about purchasing one. Marine Depot and Drs. Foster and Smith don't carry that one any longer. A few other sites have them for nearly $2k (seems high to...
  6. bankonit

Good evening forum friends. I seek your advice as I consider a bigger reef setup. For the past 1.5 years, I entered the hobby via a 28g Nano cube reef tank. Reading your threads, posting information and continuing my education added to my success. Now, I want a larger tank. Over the past...
  7. bankonit

Starting my reef journey with a JBJ 28 gal nano cube

Hi Diana, I just read your postings and it was so helpful to review your journey. In some instances, we had similar issues and challenges, albeit comparing a nano cube to the great Red Sea Max 250. Since my last posting, I chose to exit my job and search for something more aligned with my...
  8. bankonit

Thanks DianaKey - I appreciated your words of encouragement. Currently, I'm trying to determine if I can afford a larger tank and all of the responsibilities that go with it. Since my last post, my hair algae problem 'grew' again. Hoping my turbos get going again. I'm supplementing their...
  9. bankonit

Celebrating nearly a year of saltwater Good afternoon fellow aquarists, I am amazed that nearly a year has passed since I began the saltwater hobby (lifestyle is a better descriptor, isn't it). Since then, I faced and conquered almost all of the newbie hurdles - acclimation impatience (and...
  10. bankonit

Hi fellow members. It has been a while since I last posted. The nano cube journey is one filled with dangers, isn't it?! I maintain good water conditions, yet it seems I lose fish (three bangaii cardinals, a cleaner shrimp, fire goby and a six line wrasse). All this this happened over the...
  11. bankonit

28g JBJ LED Nano Cube Build

Hi cyclist, I feel your pain. I have a JBJ nano cube as well. Here in the forum, I chronicled my issues with a leak in a back compartment. I purchased on line yet worked with JBJ to rectify the situation. Their customer service is lacking. They did replace the leaky aquarium - I had to remove...
  12. bankonit

Anyone exerience leaks/issues with JBJ 28 gallon nano cubes?

Hi all. Update - last Friday the new tank arrived. I disassembled the components (received bare-bones from manufacturer), attached old hood, transplanted live rock, substrate, livestock and coral. Today is Tuesday and everyone seems to be thriving. Cyclist, you are correct, it was an opportunity...
  13. bankonit

Hey PSU, I literally laughed out loud when I read your reply! So far, JBJ has not been very customer-focused (not returning phone calls, requests for replies to emails). So, even though I requested overnight shipping, due to the fear of livestock loss and damage to my hardwood floors, it...
  14. bankonit

Thank you, Sara, for the advice. I anticipated JBJ would be responsible and I called them this morning. I completed their RMA request form and returned it, requesting a response to ensure I provided the correct information. I requested a reply and didn't receive one, calling back to leave a...
  15. bankonit

Hi all. I am a novice saltwater aquarist, having set up my JBJ 28 gallon nano cube nearly two months ago. Recently, I noted the appearance of water around the bottom of the aquarium on its stand. Initially, I suspected it was 'collateral water' resulting when I lifted the lid to make tank...