Recent content by annieka

1. annieka

Stop reproduction

Yes, I mean BTA. It is kind of a problem, because they annoy the other corals. Right now their number is again up to five and I can't remove them without tearing down the rocks. I'll just have to annoy them into moving.
  2. annieka

Stop reproduction

I got a bit of a problem with my bubbletip anemones. They keep reproducing. I started with 1 and they just keep dividing. When one wanders to a spot were I can remove it without damaging it, I take it out, but this is not always possible. I don't feed them. Any advice on how to get them to stop...
  3. annieka

Annieka's 79 g reef

Stylophora. Very easy and pretty sps, it grows quite fast. Amblygobius phalaena sifting though the sand.
  4. annieka

Annieka's 79 g reef

Hungry Acans. I feed these every other day with chunks of fish and mussel. Sometimes also smaller items like mysis and artemia. My pair of clowns. The bigger one has been with me for over 8 year. Sadly his previous partner died when me moved to our new home. But he seems to hit it off with...
  5. annieka

Annieka's 79 g reef

Phosphat pellets (Rowa phos) are added to a small potfilter that is hooked up to the sump. I've never used anti phospate pelletspellets. These ar iron-based. Has anybody got an idea how quick I can expect the PO4 to drop? I know it also depends on PO4 deposits in the rock, but I don't think...
  6. annieka

Annieka's 79 g reef

I'm a big fan of the KISS principle. ;) But I will be adding anti-phosphate pellets to reduce the PO4 to acceptable levels. After that I hope to keep them stabile with waterchanges and the macroalgea. Right now the NO3 is barely high enough (0.5 ppm) and the PO4 is way too high (0.25 ppm).
  7. annieka

Annieka's 79 g reef

Hi guys, So here is my current tank. :) It's been running for 6 months after the contents was moved from the previous tank. It measures 120x50x50 and is stocked with mostly LPS, soft corals and a few SPS. There is very little tech going on. Nitrates are kept in check with a DSB and macroalges...
  8. annieka

Greetings from across the pond

Hi everybody, my name is Annieka. I am from The Netherlands and been into this hobby a few years now. My current tank is a 300 liter tank that has been running for about 6 months now. The content and inhabitants are older, but we moved and this did not go as planned so it was a kind of new start...