Recent content by AngieRN

1. AngieRN

Juan's 300G+ Aparment Reef Tank Chronicle

@jpsika08 your thread is amazing! Love your setup and I can't wait to see it full of fish and corals! I'm also getting guidance for my tank from yours!
  2. AngieRN

Angie's Reef Journey

Ok, for the last few days I've had what I thought was diatoms. Today, when the lights came on, the 'diatoms' now appear to be slimy/stringy. Anyone know that this might be? And how do I get rid of it?! Sorry for the picture quality, I only have my iPhone to take pics with this morning! Water...
  3. AngieRN

Angie's Reef Journey

Thanks @meknudson2!
  4. AngieRN

Angie's Reef Journey

Got the stand stained and a coat of polyurethane put on today. Now to let it dry for the next 24 hours! Then we're going to work on draining the 75 and getting it broken down and re-setup tomorrow. Then we can start the construction phase started. The 75 is 48" long and the 125 is 72", so we'll...
  5. AngieRN

Angie's Reef Journey

108lbs of dry live rock arrived yesterday from BRS! These rocks are beautiful! I moved them from the boxes they came in and put them in these styrofoam containers. Is it ok to keep them dry until the 125g gets put in, or should I go ahead and put them in a container with salt water and a pump to...
  6. AngieRN

No Snow?

Congrats for giving up cigarettes, btw! That's a big step!
  7. AngieRN

No Snow?

@Squatch XXL, you certainly know how to give us a little perspective! 30"+ WOW!! Here I am in NC, wishing for lots of snow, not realizing the down side to lots of snow! Your references to "ambulances stuck in various convenience store parking lots" really connected with the ER nurse in me and as...
  8. AngieRN

Serpent star eating my snails!!!

Thanks for the great mental picture! :confused: Haha!
  9. AngieRN

ID Help, Please?

Looks like some blue and green acans in the middle. Sounds like a great deal to me!
  10. AngieRN

Angie's Reef Journey

I currently have a 75g reef tank with about 150lbs of live rock and 40-50lbs of live sand. I have a mated pair of false perculas, 2 blue chromis, an engineer goby that likes to stay super busy rearranging my sand bed, and a snail eating serpent star. As for corals, I have a gorgeous fox coral...
  11. AngieRN

I think I'm more surprised that he ate the shell! I guess I thought that if he ate a snail, he'd somehow pull it out of the shell. I'll start target feeding him and see how it goes! As always, thanks for the excellent advice!
  12. AngieRN

so, this totally just happened! I was turning off the lights in my QT tank when I noticed my serpents out front in my DT. I stopped to look at him for a minute, as I find him very entertaining. I noticed there was a snail caught up in one of his arms. I figured no big deal, he'll find his way...
  13. AngieRN

Sump question for upgrade

Thanks shark32! I hope to be moving stuff over in the next 6-8 weeks. We have to move out and relocate the 75 and then do some construction for the 125 (well, my husband has to do some construction, lol) I'll be following your thread, too!
  14. AngieRN

I'd on coral ??

Looks like a candy cane or, possibly even a small fox coral. It's hard to tell.
  15. AngieRN

sump or no sump??

I was just reading your post and thinking that upgrading 75's to 125's must be popular this year, lol! Good luck with your new tank! BTW, you definitely want a sump, IMO :)