Recent content by alphasierra

1. alphasierra

A Reef in the Sky (Red Sea Max Edition)

Thank you everybody for the kind comments
  2. alphasierra

A Reef in the Sky 5: Aquarium http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilr39MpTjjM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUra_-m4d0UvftP38XpalEJw Thank you for the previous comments guys. My previous RSM130 and Reef Sanctuary started all this!!
  3. alphasierra

Some new videos A Reef in the Sky Behind the Scenes 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPWOTn-OVs4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUra_-m4d0UvftP38XpalEJw
  4. alphasierra

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

No problems... yeah I am amazed at all the different RSM tank sizes now. 130, 250, 500 and 650? I saw your post showing the new models and I must say the square corners will be great. Yeah, A Reef in the Sky is going really well. I'll add some new videos where Big Als posted the previous...
  5. alphasierra

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Hi Glenn!! It's been a long time since I've visited your thread and all I can say is wow!! The tank looks great and the size of some of your corals are amazing!! It's amazing to see how much the RSM section has grown over the years! Great to see!! Do you have any new photos of the...
  6. alphasierra

AlphaSierras - A Reef in the Sky

The latest installment guys. Be sure to view in 720p. jEiQPvpUyLw
  7. alphasierra

Answers to potential questions :) Many have asked in the past about the program I used for my drawings. I used google sketchup (free download) to draw everything then used a program called Hypershot (now called Keyshot and costs $$$) to render the pictures This is the link to the rendering...
  8. alphasierra

Finally an Update!!! Apologies for the delay. Anyhow, here is the video of the light lifter from my previous post. b9z3XWnf1eM A week before the tank was delivered, I saw this frenzy!!! Anyone for a yellow tang? Preparation For Arrival I moved my existing tank across the...
  9. alphasierra

Thank you Thanks Marty... yes it was over kill for a few weeks! Thanks, I tried that but it didn't work. Will give it a go again. Cheers Thanks... but there is more Cheers, yes we are very lucky here. The fish a also great here Thanks... Powder coating was not available here. If I move...
  10. FTS_3_copy

FTS_3_copy

11. alphasierra

Coral Dips There wont be a quarantine tank set-up for the new corals so I will have to use the dip process before introduction and any on going treatment. It's actually daunting how many pests can affect SPS corals so I was thinking of going with the following as it seems to have good...
  12. alphasierra

That's right Glenn. More to follow... lots of catching up to do! We are spoiled over here... so I will make the most of it!! :olsmile:
  13. alphasierra

Thanks guys, much more to come... lets continue now. Background sample. This is printed at medium quality since high quality is very expensive. Good enough I think Light Box pics... Definitely worth the wait. Plumbing Well this was certainly the hardest part of the planning...
  14. alphasierra

Thanks everyone for the kind words... let the updates continue.... Water Circulation Trying to come up with a plan/layout to create good flow for the corals, fish and to carry away waste has been a lot harder than I thought. Plus, I'm trying not to have pumps and cords going...
  15. alphasierra

Hello RSM owners and enthusiasts... Since this is the forum where my passion for this hobby really 'took off' (no pun intended) and many of you here often PM me asking how the new tank is going... I will share the tank and process I went through with you. Many of the posts will be in past tense...