Recent content by allen

1. A

return pump with spraybar

thanks for the tips, i think i'm going with the ehiem 1262 sub. pump and i'll tinker with the spray bar idea and see how it goes, worst case i just pull the spray bar
  2. A

return pump with spraybar

just wondering if any can tell my how big and what type of pump i would need for return from my sump and going to a spray bar about 12" down into my tank. would like to spray behind my live rock to keep a good flow going my tank is 77g and sump is 25 g and i'm going to be using a 1" overflow pipe
  3. A

sump and pump

thanks for the input, i made the water in side smaller (5" wide and 12" deep ) and was planning to have the skimmer outside with about 15" for refug. and about 10" for return end with 10" wall after bubble trap. i hope to fire it up on the weekend so i can keep an eye on it. wish me luck. also...
  4. A

sump and pump

hey all, i have a 77g reef tank and i'm planning on setting up a 30g sump/refug. so any tips for set up and return pump would be great, also what to put in it would help.
  5. A

dead fish

thanks again guys for the input, i'll do some mass water changes and change up some filter, thanks again
  6. A

dead fish

all the fish were still small, the largest being the yellow tang but he was only about 4" so possible but don't think it was over stalked
  7. A

dead fish

thanks for the input. i'll let you know how things go
  8. A

dead fish

ph was 7.9 cal 380 no ammonia or nitrates ro water used
  9. A

dead fish

oh ya i also have some colt coral, pom pom zanias, zoos, a brain coral, a orange suncoral, star polyps and 1 anamone
  10. A

dead fish

tank is a 77 gal with about 120lbs of live rock, prisim skimmer two 405 fluvel can filters and 8 tube t5 light fixture and no changes in 3 weeks, thats when i added the cleaner wrasse. and nothing for months before that
  11. A

dead fish

i have a problem, the other day most of my fish died out of the blue. i lost a yellow tang, a clown tang, 3 chromis, 2 damsels, 3 cleaner wrasse and all my shrimp, 3 cleaners and 2 peppermint. i checked all the water perameters and everything is good there, cal was a bit low 7.9 my two...
  12. A

going to give it a try

thanks i'll give that a try
  13. A

going to give it a try

hey i was thinking of fraging a colt coral and a pom pom zania, wondering what is the best way to do this. and how to hold them on to the rocks.
  14. A

hmmm

hey what would cause my zoos to go from looking great one day to looking like it has died right back the next, water chem. is good but ph is a bit low ( like 8-8.1 ish ) A few of them just look like there closed up and some look ok, but others look to be dead and loose like they may fall...
  15. A

ick

thanks every one