Recent content by alfaman

1. A

October TOTM!

Well done. What a beauty. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. A

Ians RSM 250 thread - better late than never.

I just used my ipad2, it was a bit jerky, I then just uploaded it in its raw state to vimeo and posted a link to it in the forum. Thanks for the compliment though. I will keep an eye on the cheato, I don't want my pumps clogging. Cheers
  3. A

Video update https://vimeo.com/107524549 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. A

Please help my anemone

You sure it's not splitting? Looks like he could be.
  5. A

Cyano!! AHHH!

Don't put sand back in just yet. See how cyano is for a week or two. Then when you are ready ask someone with a mature tank to give you a cup of sand to seed yours. Keep in touch with updates. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. A

Cyano!! AHHH!

My god... This is the worst I've ever seen. Get that sand out, I suspect it's leaching. Then lights out for a 2-3 days. Suck out all the cyano you can from the rocks, do a 50% water change, skim wet then... Wash the sand out loads until it runs out the bucket from pink to clear water and then...
  7. A

Star fish problem

What would you feed them and how? Interested to know. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. A

Yes this is correct but the flow is very slow. I'll have to keep an eye on this. What netting did you use? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. A

The tank water enters my last chamber (it's huge) it's like this from standard BTW and the return also leaves this same chamber. Although at opposite ends, the skimmer dumps directly into the flow of the return pump after it's been through the carbon, PO3 and sock, the incoming line is direct to...
  10. A

So cool... Look forward to watching your thread.
  11. A

Star fish problem

I think the sand sifting ones do well as they eat from the sand bed but the others just die.... It's a very cruel hobby sometimes isn't it.
  12. A

Hi bud... Good luck with your new tank... Is this your first?
  13. A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. A

Ok guys, I decided to take the knife to my Elos sump and cut out all the existing arrangement of glass and customise it to include a large refigium where once my RO top up storage was and also to remove what I thought was unnecessary slow flow media chamber. Also I added a weir for the refigium...
  15. A

Cyano!! AHHH!

I've also seen lots of bubbles on my rocks so I think I know it's coming. We can fight it together. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk