Recent content by Alf

1. Alf

cloudy water

These temps are not an issue, but if your going down to 74 at night and up to 80 during the day that's a big swing IMO, and could be a problem. Set the heater to steady you out at night where you don't dip so much and keep a more constant temp. Temp swings can be harmful to fish and coral. hth
  2. Alf

What's Growing in My Tank

I'm with Dave on this good husbandry and time will clear this up, Increase current flow will help this also.
  3. Alf

Attendance!

Been Great, Ready to plumb new tank and add new sand bed, then I can start transfer. I stop by from time to time just don't post much. Glad to see the place still doing well after all these years.
  4. Alf

Attendance!

5 Years you slacker, lol. Got to move my 20 year old 120, got a seem leak, into a new one.
  5. Alf

RS Members Full Tank Shots

Thought I would update mine. A few things have been moved around. My Fish all seem to know when the cameras out. LOL
  6. Alf

Here's a Question I Hate to Ask.

I hate Flatworms, Six line wrasse will make light work of them in a short period.
  7. Alf

Any PC MMO players?

I hear that. The server is slow hopefuly next patch we are getting server transfers hopefuly Bondar is one to be moved, We have like 10 guilds that are all moving to the same server. Hopefuly that make things better. Bioware did miss the ball on opening but I refuse to go bk to wow :smack:
  8. Alf

Any PC MMO players?

Tactical Assassins - Guild hosting - Home if intrested we were a wow guild for 5+ years and moved to SW:TOR when it was released. The new Panda bears and kungfu panda crap comming up in mist of pandara was not for us.
  9. Alf

Any PC MMO players?

wow! Nice I'm on Bondar Crystal as well lol. I'm Empire on my main which is Alf. I have a republic alt thats only lvl 5.
  10. Alf

Any PC MMO players?

I use to play World of Warcraft, I now play Star Wars: The old Republic. Any One else play? http://youtu.be/KF__Lx56JF4
  11. Alf

WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way off!

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way Exactly what is your water change process? Did you balance the temp? If there was ammo and nitrites, then the tank was in a mini/cycle any thing die lately? How long has the tank been setup? Added...
  12. Alf

RS Members Full Tank Shots

13. Alf

led for 7 gal help

Ok I have done so much reading about led's it makes my head hurt. I would like a simple LED setup that will grow any coral I would want. If I go DIY kit I want dimmable control. Tank Is like 15 7/8" x 9 3/4" here are some options i have found Please add you thoughts or recommendations 18"...
  14. Alf

Aquarium pics

A community photo gallery - ReefSanctuary Photos Reef Chronicles You can share in either of these places.
  15. Alf

Frogspawn frag??

look like these? Duncan {Duncanopsammia}