Recent content by AJK

1. AJK

I hate this hobby

I have a 20 gal, then onto 55 gal and now 120 gal, someday I'll have a 1000 gal if I keep going at this rate, Lol !!! Starting off small, taught me to be patient, water changes, maintain water quality, notice minor changes, etc...... Learned what to purchase, what not to purchase, also...
  2. AJK

20 Gal FOWLR journey

Hi Friends, I began with 20 gal, onto 55 gal and now converting 120 gal. 20 gal is full of live rock, which I will transfer to 120 gal. The 55 gal is doing well. Now tank has yellow tang, 2 clown fish, yellow tail damsel, goby and once had an angelfish that mysteriously disappeared and added...
  3. AJK

Diatom Bloom?

Hi friend, sorry to read your experiencing diatom bloom, I just went through a similar issue, last week after adding new live rock. Here's discussion thread. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/just-starting-out-sw-beginners/88845-yikes-tank-sand-solid-brown.html#post1219775 I very...
  4. AJK

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Sounds delicious, enjoy :)
  5. AJK

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Happy thanksgiving to all :)
  6. AJK

20 Gal FOWLR journey

Diatom bloom getting under control, daily siphon, 10% water changes. Purchased 20 snails. One crawled it's way out of tank overnight, landed on floor, bummer. Bicolor angel, caught my eye last night, I stared at it approx 15 minutes, Lol !! Fell in love with it. Difficult to photograph...
  7. AJK

RO Unit. Do I need one?

I love my ro/di unit, waste water was a concern for me as well, I have my unit set up in bathroom, so each time I filter water, I use waste water to clean bathtub, sink, walls, mop wooden floors, etc.... I recommend the unit, you & reef will be happy :)
  8. AJK

Need help. Foam/no foam?

Awesome ! happy you were able to get stand all work'd out. Sometimes the simplest methods is the most effectivce. Happy reefing :)
  9. AJK

Sump

Completely agree with Dave :) I was going to place sump, next to 55 gal tank, cause I have back issues with age, but do to lack of space, had no choice, sump size, skimmer height, etc.... I built a custom stand. I need to purchase a larger home, Lol !!! Happy reefing !
  10. AJK

Greg and Mellina's Tank (RSM250)

Wow ! gorgeous/colorful tank. Great job :)
  11. AJK

Plumbing and pumps

Hi friend, you can click edit, to correct mistakes on post :) I've used many powerheads over the yrs beginning with freshwater tanks. Hydor Korlia is best I've to date, one advantage is placing them anywhere I desire in tank, pumps are very powerful/quiet, easy removal/cleaning. I...
  12. AJK

Need help. Foam/no foam?

Here's what I would try to do friend, if you do not want to remove existing base. Purchase another piece of plywood, 1/2" thick. Add to top of existing base, then fill in the gaps with wood shim. You can purchase wood shim from hardware store such as Home depot, believe 10 pack for $1,. Use...
  13. AJK

VOTE for December's TOTM!

Beautiful tanks, vote is in :)
  14. AJK

Just started a 20 gal fowlr

Cool, my first tank was a 20 gal fowlr. Couldn't wait to acclimate my first clown fish. Have fun :)
  15. AJK

BRS is killing my wallet

BRS is having some great discount sales. Wanted to pick up dual tds meter. Sales alway's occur when I'm in a financial crunch, bummer. Have fun with all your new toys :)