Recent content by AJinNY

1. A

24K Gold Molly

Hi Paul, I did find a seller and I emailed him but no response yet. I have a molly in my tank now which is definitely on the yellow side with aspec here and there of black - but close to a solid yellow...the lfs told me its just an assorted molly - but Im thinking if could be a mature gold...
  2. A

24K Gold Molly

Anyone know anything about this type of molly? When I try to research online I see pics of it being yelllow and other pics being orange. Exactly what color is it? Also is there any place online that you know about that would have this fish? Thanks!! AJ
  3. A

Worm? Parasite?

Hi John, I see more - but I need the magnifying glass, otherwise it would just look like dirt. Theyre not all on the glass some are just suspending in the water and again only with the magnifying glass can I actuall see. My question is, is this dangerous to my fish and do I need to treat the...
  4. A

Worm? Parasite?

I called the lfs and was told its probably flukes? They said it wasnt dangerous to the fish but I should get it taken care of or the population will get out of control. But regardless, I would still think if it is flukes, that it could be dangerous to the fish - no?
  5. A

Worm? Parasite?

Its Freshwater. Not sure I will be able to get a clear camera shot of it. But is this something to be concerned about? Or is this normal and just something I never noticed before? It looks like a short very thing very light colored eyelash....but if I noticed 2 Im sure theres more. Any...
  6. A

Worm? Parasite?

Question. With my freshwater tank, I notice what looked like a small eyelash on the glass....then I saw another and both looked like they were moving. I thought it was just a piece of dirt and the movement was from the water current. But then I took a magnifying glass and it looked like a...
  7. A

Buying Fish Online

Thanks Wit. This is why I posed the question, because fancy guppies ARE serious business from what I read. But have you seen guppies from any of these private breeders? Im just wondering if they look better and are hardier than the ones you may find in the retail shops. Thanks!!
  8. A

Buying Fish Online

Besides liveaquaria, anyone know a good, reputable site to buy fish online. For my smaller tank Im looking for some fancy guppies...but COLORFUL ones. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks!!
  9. A

Lighting Question....T4 vs T5 bulb

I cant....its a wall aquarium and its one of those all in one things....the only thing I can change is the bulb...everything else is fixed.
  10. A

do I have any options or basically im stuck with the bulb that came with the aquarium? Imbummed because the lighting is lousy.
  11. A

This is thebulb I currently have for my wall aquarium: T4 bulb - 12 watt 6400K It looks to be 18 inches in length. Would this T5 fit? https://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~CU02142.html Current USA 18 Inch 20W T5HO 10,000K Daylight SlimPaq Bulb How about this one...
  12. A

I got a male boesemani

Here are 2 pics without the flash....looks like a male to me...I hope the color intensifies as he gets acclimated to the tank. looks good, no?
  13. A

I got a male boesemani

I saw one at the lfs which is definitely male so I bought him. I put him in the tank and he has thebest coloration but not very intense which could be because he is new and a little stressed. 1.) Heres the question...I have 2 AUSTRALIAN rainbowfish in the same tank and BOTH are male. Is it...
  14. A

My 5 rainbow fish

so then my fish are NOT juvies...so they must be female. Can you show us your dominant male? Id love to see what the coloration looks like now!!
  15. A

My 5 rainbow fish

hi Ryan, In this other thread: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fresh-water-forum/29922-rainbowfish-how-tell-gender-2.html you thought the same fish was male. lol