duncan placement

aaromano

Whats best location for duncanopsamia. I got a frag about two weeks ago and it doesn't open fully regularly. Right now it about 6 inches from 65 watt PC in mod flow. Only occasionally opens fully most time its out only slightly . go for less light location?

I have mine down about 3" above the substrate about 16" away from my light's....it is doing awesome....it has 6 new heads in less than 2 months. it also has a moderate flow.

aaromano

haha what 3 superbowls in ten years isn't enough? What you guys gonna do when Big spending Bob runs out of supertalent ie Tom? Any way I'll try less light see what happens

Snelly40

for a jets fan i would reccomend the duncans to be placed about 1" above the water line!!! hahahaha

but on a real not newengland had it right, i have mine about 2" above the substrate, they are naturally a low light coral and they will eat voraciously if u feed them which will help them multiply more than the light :)

Snelly...I like the way you think....I feed mine everyother day and it loves it.
In Bill We Trust....I am sure he has a few idea's, the East is going to be interesting this year.

lcstorc

Being a hard core Phins fan, I shouldn't comment at all on this thread, but mine are up high in the tank but under shade. They seem to like quite a bit of flow as well.

akrkwood

I second (or third I suppose) the lower tank placement. I bought a frag about a week ago and put them down on the substrate with moderate flow (I have a Hydor Flo on my 24 gal Nanocube) and they opened up almost immediately and have been looking nice since. In fact all of my corals seem happier with the Hydor Flo and I was worried when I first put it on that the flow was being reduced too much.

symington

i have just a small tank 12 gal and mine are at the top of the tank and i had 6 heads when i first got it and now there is 13, and they open up within minutes of getting into the tank.

GrendelPrime

i have my duncan about 9in under 250watt mh with no shade and hes doing great and i had him about a month now and hes already popin a new head..and alls the pats need to have another good yr is a new way to steal plays :)

anewguy

I've had mine on the sandbed for nearly 6 months under 6 t5's- about 20inches below.. They have been half under a ledge and feed once a week the whole time. Nothing changed the whole time- no growth,no babys nothing. Then BAM! In the last month, babys a plenty.
dunkan.jpg

Rhodes19

for a jets fan i would reccomend the duncans to be placed about 1" above the water line!!!

LMAO!!!

Mine (actually, my wife's) is on the bottom of my 180 under a 250 MH. Seems to be doing ok. Probably do a lot better if I fed it more often.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
for a jets fan i would reccomend the duncans to be placed about 1" above the water line!!! hahahaha

but on a real not newengland had it right, i have mine about 2" above the substrate, they are naturally a low light coral and they will eat voraciously if u feed them which will help them multiply more than the light :)

:LOL: I Love it!! I just about spit Orange Juice all over the place just now. Luckily I closed my mouth and it came out my NOSE! :smack:

I have mine just off the sand-bed, medium to high flow, slightly shaded. They go through spells of "Popping Babies" for a few months then just chill for a while. I do manually feed mine 1x a week with Mysis or whatever I happen to be feeding (they LOVE Fillet-Mignon... no wait that's ME! .