Autofeeder for RSM250

zak786

So its finally upon me...

The first family holiday and the reef will be alone for 10 days...I have tried and tried but I have no one including neighbours to help out with feeding and taking care of it.

So I know autofeeders are no good but whats the best one if I must use one for the RSM 250 ? Can I use it with the hood down totally ?

Help I am going in about 36 hours ...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Zak best of luck on the holidays (that vacation to you yanks - I recently learned this -
025.gif
) !!!

I have never seen a post in the RSM forum of anyone using one & I never have... if no one post back soon - re-post in RS equipment or General Reef Aquarium Discussion - sure some RS member can offer some advise !

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I remember one RSM owner using an Eheim and happy with it, but no idea on the model number. they have some pretty nice ones now that even keep the foods like dry flakes from getting moist & clumping up. You'd need to keep the hood propped up though.

Working for a Swiss company for 31 years I learned long ago that "holiday' there is "vacation" here. :)

colaboy

Hello,

Look at this: Auto Fish Feeder

It's dutch, but where it comes down to is that the lady, ordered a custom made plastic 'shape' which would go on top of the RSM250 (under the feeder lid) and so she could mount the feeder...

But guess you're kind of short of time to arrange all that... But just for the idea....

Good luck and have a nice holiday!!!!

Ramon

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Ramon - I cannot see the pictures without being a registered member of that Netherlands forum. It sounds like a nice custom feeder for the RSM, but as you said probably not enough time to get one made.

smilies-christmas4.gif

Enjoy the holiday! Fish can go quite a long time without food, and if you can't get a feeder hopefully all will be well when you return.

colaboy

Ramon - I cannot see the pictures without being a registered member of that Netherlands forum. It sounds like a nice custom feeder for the RSM, but as you said probably not enough time to get one made.

Sorry, stupid me, my mistake...

Just for the information:

plate_with_feeder.jpg

frontview.jpg

custom_plate.jpg

Nigma

this might be a lil too late... but wouldn't seeding your tank with some pods or brine shrimp or any other live food would help out on longer trips?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Ramon - thanks for the pictures. The custom cut out of the plexiglas/acrylic eliminates the concern about leaving the hood up to use the feeder!

pocketreef

Ramon,

Your idea is clever. If you decide to open a business let us know :D

I'm thinking about a turbo vacations panel with webcam and aditional fans :bouncer:

Cheers

zak786

Yes thats a good idea...will remember that for next time..Thanks :)

this might be a lil too late... but wouldn't seeding your tank with some pods or brine shrimp or any other live food would help out on longer trips?

zak786

Thanks for your help Ramon

In fact thanks to everyone for helping me out :)

Hello,

Look at this: Auto Fish Feeder

It's dutch, but where it comes down to is that the lady, ordered a custom made plastic 'shape' which would go on top of the RSM250 (under the feeder lid) and so she could mount the feeder...

But guess you're kind of short of time to arrange all that... But just for the idea....

Good luck and have a nice holiday!!!!

Ramon

catran

Cool idea! I was worried about my vacation in a couple of months. Now I know what to do! I already have the Ehiem 3581 "Feed Air". I used it for years with my chiclids. I just got a new one but I thought I would have to leave my tank open to use it. I'm going to drill a second hole so a friend can feed my liquids a couple of times. Thanks!