The best wine for you

The best wine for you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basile

Just out of curiousity

The whats best wine for you a red, white, rosé ?

If you have one in mind let us know.

For me Pinot Noir and shiraz

Last edited:

tektite

I like ice wine, though I hardly drink. I'm rather resistant to alchohol. I have to drink too much of it to feel anything, and I'm not fond of the taste of alchohol, so its just not worth it.

DaveK

Wine is even more subjective than reef systems.

In my opinion, there is no "best wine". It all depends upon what food is being served with it, and the level of wine sophistication of the people enjoying the meal.

For example, I have some relatives that are very much into wine. A great bottle of wine from a great year would be really appreciated by them. Many of my other friends are not into wine at all, so a great wine would be wasted on them.

Wine and food selection is more of a "what fits best together". You don't want the wine overpowering the food, or the wine being so light, compared to the food, that the wine is not noticed.

Lastly, will we ever be freed from being served cheep, lousy "champagne" at weddings? (grin)

Basile

:woody: The question was a broad one about your favorite cathegories in general. do you generally prefer red -white or rose in general. And are you always choosing a country in particular generally. Most people have habbits that was the general ideal. I prefer red over the other two, that doesn't mean i never drink the others. And i seem to choose french wine more often,for some reason, thats all. But i love the shiraz from Austarlia. As a cook i often have to make marriage between wine and food, but i know some red or a rose that go very well with fish, so white is not an absolute with fish or seafoods, just as i know a good white that goes with porc, and veal. Et vive la France :woody:

fishmama67

I love Pinot Gris or Pinot grigio. Usually crisp, not very sweet but not dry. Goes well with most things and doesn't give me heartburn like reds usually do. When I drink reds I prefer a nice Merlot to most others. Cabs tend to lack body and have too much tannin for my taste.

Of the perhaps 30 wines I have tried in the last two years, my favorite of all is the PGV by Thurston Wolfe. It's a blend of Pinot Grigio and Viongier. heaven in a bottle! I get to try a lot of Washington wines as I live in the Columbia valley. YAY ME!

DrHank

I find white wines to acidic for me. I drink alcohol very infrequently but when I do I like a good Merlot.

Blurp

Soooory mates, but French have got the culture, Spanish are good heirs.

Love Bordeaux from France, and from Spain (these I know better:):)) Red: Rioja, Ribera de Duero, Priorat. White: Albarinho, not so keen on rosés.
Oh, you forgot sweet dessert wines!!!! Moscatell, Mistela and Sherry/Jerez

But...not for weak tongued pals (we talk about drinking wine isn't it? watery wines just...)

reefer4200

I like ice wine, though I hardly drink. I'm rather resistant to alchohol. I have to drink too much of it to feel anything, and I'm not fond of the taste of alchohol, so its just not worth it.

im jealous! go whiskey, HOWEVER i do enjoy a glass of pinot here and there. :)

Basile

I guess rose is still a mystery; and their are very good ones out there. Try it sometimes, its a wine for every occasion. White meat, fish,porc, drinking mixing,appetizer, deserts, chocolates; the only thing it doesn't go is beef, and veneson. Those are for red wine.

I LOVE dessert wines, my favorite is Moscato it's an asti and, it's sooo light, and it's very sweet but not overwhelming! You can taste a bit of pear to it, but by far it's very uniformed!
If I'm in a dry white-wine mood, I love chardonnays. For reds, I love pinot noirs... I really don't care where they're from but I certainly care about the taste!

Basile

I LOVE dessert wines, my favorite is Moscato it's an asti and, it's sooo light, and it's very sweet but not overwhelming! You can taste a bit of pear to it, but by far it's very uniformed!
If I'm in a dry white-wine mood, I love chardonnays. For reds, I love pinot noirs... I really don't care where they're from but I certainly care about the taste!

Oh a connaisseur... yes its great. A good one indeed.

Blurp

Nice to see there are good palates out there too...As for the origins, I agree that the country is not all (but does count, with regards to the methods used), in fact what matters is the soil and the variety, so that a merlot won't taste the same here or there.

maxmota

I see you don't know Portuguese wines.They are not very expanded abroad,but i can ensure you we have some of the best wines in the world.:yummy:

Msigler

Chile produces some high quality wine and it is relatively cheap. I normally try a different bottle from Chile when I go shopping for wine. Other than that I like Yellow tail and any Pinot noir or Shiraz. Room temp and let it breathe baby.

The problem with reds from other countrys is the way its shipped. If it gets warm, then cold, and then warm again in the store, its not worth drinking, or the price. If you can get it fresh its way better. Whites are a hardier wine that wont go bad as easily. But Red is better for you. Also most stores dont store their wines properly. I see it all the time. A bottle of red wine four years old standing straight up and who knows how long it sat on the shelf like that. It will taste like vinegar.

Dweezil

I'm Italian and my grandfather was a wine maker. (not for a living) but he made it every year. Red was my favorite of the ones he made and we used to just call it Dago Red. LOL Good Stuff.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I like my Homemade Hillbilly Brew :D little sweeter and a little more bite than traditional wines but that's how I like it.