• I pegge Gramma to her chair LOL

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basile

Hi , i just saw some great video on pegging at that site

Reef Videos

I thought that a " PEGGING TECHNIQUE CLUB"
Could be set up here to give ideals on how its done step by step. I'm about to set up my 65 g with thses techniques and hopefully you have done the same and "DOCUMENTED" yours as well. So if you have pictures and the different techniques and ideals you had ,Its here you can show them off.

Please keep this thread for the pegging community Thank you

Basile

Soon i will have my pics for this thread, i'm hopping to see some pros at it so i can practice on my next reef. So let see the pros at it.

leahski

hey, great idea for a thread. pegging sounds like a great technique for making cool, otherwise precarious, rockwork. I'd love to see some pictures and hear some stories of success and failure so that i could get my nerves up to try it in my next tank.

common peggers! lets see your stuff! :)

lcstorc

Great idea but I just re-scaped.
I guess you would just drill holes pretty much everywhere so you had them when and where you needed them?
Looks like it would work really well for SPS or anything on a plug.

Ratpack

I am planning to do this with my rock work once I get to that stage with the new tank. Actually, some of the corals in my current tank have the pegs on them now in preparation of moving them to the new tank. Would be great to see the results of others who have tried it.

faust

my first attempt at pegging using 1/2 acrylic rod forgive crappy pics
IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

seafansar

That's a cool idea. I might do that in my tank after I move in a few months. How does the airline tubing hold so well? That stuff seems too flexible to hold a coral to a rock. Or do they use a stiffer kind of tubing?

leahski

ooo! well done! you've got some amazing structures going there! sometimes pegged rockwork looks entirely too false to me, but yours looks artsy and cool! (didn't happen to snap any pictures during the process did you?)

faust

no pics. what the wife and i did was make a cardboard template of the tank. then we were free to try things with out the confines of being in the tank. once each pillar was done i just set it in the tank

Basile

no pics. what the wife and i did was make a cardboard template of the tank. then we were free to try things with out the confines of being in the tank. once each pillar was done i just set it in the tank

Hey man THAT is a great ideal, thanks for it. I'm planning to pegg my LR , but was worried of the tank being scratched or dammage with all the playing around. Keep those ideals comming we need more like this. You rock!!!:woohoo:

faust

one other thing, we laid a shower curtain over the template to keep it from getting wet. all my rock was cured so it must be kept wet and out of the tank for the shortest time possible, large bins were filled with the used water change water to hold the rock while we worked. otherwise you can set off a small cycle

Basile

one other thing, we laid a shower curtain over the template to keep it from getting wet. all my rock was cured so it must be kept wet and out of the tank for the shortest time possible, large bins were filled with the used water change water to hold the rock while we worked. otherwise you can set off a small cycle

Ok cool good tips.

Ratpack

Here is my current tank in cycle. The rock is built with 1/2" fiberglass rod and it is riddled with holes for the 1/4" air line, you can see some of them in the photo. I have some of my corals already in my other tank with the 1/4" air line in them and since it is such a short piece, the rigidity is really good and you will be surprised how strong it. Ofcours once the coral grows and encrusts, the airline will be a irrelevant.

Sorry for the bad picture. And the center rock is now in the sump and the rock on the right is misleading from the angle, it is not really that then on one end and thick on the other.

DSC03977.jpg

Basile

If you do anymore pegging Tim , take some pictures of the process and what materials your using, that be a great way to show and encourage this kind of rockwork. Pics are worth a thousand words. Plus its cool!:golf:

Keep us updated with pics of your tank additions, this thread need an ongoing pics gallery.

faust

just wait till the 140 gets here!!! we have been talking to many lr suppliers in my search for slab rock. the 3 pillars from the 80 will go into the new tank. and i'll get to try out my 18 inch bit. i did the other pillars with a 6 inch bit. i should beable to do a whole pillars with one hole

Ratpack

If you do anymore pegging Tim , take some pictures of the process and what materials your using, that be a great way to show and encourage this kind of rockwork. Pics are worth a thousand words. Plus its cool!:golf:

Keep us updated with pics of your tank additions, this thread need an ongoing pics gallery.

The process is really simple. Use a cordless drill and a small masonry bit that allows for a hole just slightly larger than the air line tubing. Then just drill where you think you will want corals.

I'll try to get some photos of the corals as I add the pegs and put them up. When I have time, I plan to do a build thread.

Basile

The process is really simple. Use a cordless drill and a small masonry bit that allows for a hole just slightly larger than the air line tubing. Then just drill where you think you will want corals.

I'll try to get some photos of the corals as I add the pegs and put them up. When I have time, I plan to do a build thread.

Cool, don't forget this thread, its about a pegging club , we need to centralized are inputs, thanks . I'll do mine on this thread when i start my pegging process.:chainsaw: lol